I must be really dumb cause i cannot find nizoral 2% for my life....no joke. Can someone paste a direct link or tell me where to get it ? I have no problem finding 1% in the blue bottle but from what I read 2% is a red bottle and is red in color ? 

It's not available in the states without a prescription.  If you go to a dermatologist and tell them you want it, it shouldn't be a problem getting them to write you a prescription for it.

58 minutes ago, John1991 said:

It's not available in the states without a prescription.  If you go to a dermatologist and tell them you want it, it shouldn't be a problem getting them to write you a prescription for it.

wow did not know that...

2 minutes ago, Ryan Daniel said:

Only use Nizoral if you have dandruff 

yup, i've heard that but I also see it being recommended here as one of the "big 3" is there harm in using 2% say 1x a week ? or s 1% fine using 2-3x week 

You don't need to have dandruff to use Nizoral.  Ultimately you won't know how much of it you can tolerate unless you try it, but 2-3 times a week has been quite good on my hair.  Try using Regenepure DR (it has 1% ketoconazole) on the other days, it's less abrasive. 2% (to a minor extent) inhibits DHT and thickens hair.  Especially in combination with Rogaine - those two things used together really give hair a better volume.  Lather it into your hair and let it sit for 4-5 minutes.  If your loss is mild enough it may be all that's needed to prevent further loss.  If not, obviously fin is far more effective at suppressing DHT.

Edited by John1991

Gokuhairline,

Unfortunately, you can’t obtain Nizoral 2% solution without a prescription in the United States - although there may be some online pharmacies that you can buy it from. I’m not sure about that anymore.

What I can tell you however, is that Nizoral 2% as a tendency to substantially dry out the hair and scalp. You may want to try natural 1% or if you want to avoid dry scalp and hair, you can try Aveda shampoo or another ketaconozole (the active ingredient in Nizoral) shampoo that’s not as harsh.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 6/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Gokuhairline,

Unfortunately, you can’t obtain Nizoral 2% solution without a prescription in the United States - although there may be some online pharmacies that you can buy it from. I’m not sure about that anymore.

What I can tell you however, is that Nizoral 2% as a tendency to substantially dry out the hair and scalp. You may want to try natural 1% or if you want to avoid dry scalp and hair, you can try Aveda shampoo or another ketaconozole (the active ingredient in Nizoral) shampoo that’s not as harsh.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

What is “natural 1%?”

Edited by 5BetaReductase
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

What is “natural 1%?”

2% is more effective at thickening hair and blocking DHT.  You should use it to the extent you can tolerate it.  "Natural 1%" has no real meaning, I think that was a typo.