Transplant without medication

there must be over 100 threads you can review on this very topic. 

unless you are experiencing sides that can be tangibly proven to come from meds, there is no reason to get a HT without them. 

its like buying a 100k Ferrari but not getting car insurance. 

They are in love with propecia here, The fact is a lot of people do this. But in my view you need to be the right candidate for it. I have one scheduled  and will not take meds. I feel quite comfortable with my decision though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

They are in love with propecia here, The fact is a lot of people do this. But in my view you need to be the right candidate for it. I have one scheduled  and will not take meds. I feel quite comfortable with my decision though.

I think you mean people are in love with keeping their hair :D

Yes, it's a personal decision to take or not take Finasteride etc. but it should be a fully informed decision. Kind of how you looked at all the information, decided its not for you and understood the risks for both sides in your hair loss journey. 

the thing is finasteride will not stop hair loss simply delay it and slow down the inevitable. People disregard the fact that testosterone also plays a role in hair loss albeit to a much lesser degree than DHT due to dht's much higher binding infinity. I been taking fin for months  and had no sides but just not comfortable with changing my hormonal balance which is why I'm going to try topical at 0.025 % which has shown to reduce scalp dht by 50 percent and dht serum by 25 percent

18 hours ago, Smithy- said:

Hey,

Looking to get in contact with some people that have undergone a hair transplant without the use of medication ? 

We have patients who have undergone transplant without medications. However, the ones with progressive baldness have required more sessions in the newly emptied areas in the future. You can get in touch with us if you would like to speak to such patients.

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

there must be over 100 threads you can review on this very topic. 

unless you are experiencing sides that can be tangibly proven to come from meds, there is no reason to get a HT without them. 

its like buying a 100k Ferrari but not getting car insurance. 

it's like what happy said.

the only difference is that if your norwood pattern is high, its very likely you'll lose the transplanted hair as well in a decade.

there are those who doesn't but they all are usually low norwood, up to NW3, and that is after their hairloss stabilised. even then, some of them still experience the loss, having an area to be empty in some cases.

It is all relative.. At the end HTs are all about demand and supply. Some say that a good HT patient should not be dependant on Finansteride cause he may not be able to commit to the medication for life. 

Also some patients not on Finansteride with the right caracteristics carry a lesser end risk than other patients on Finansteride.

That being said, for younger patients, with more aggressive hair loss Propecia is a almost a must.

Edited by Mike10
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mike10 said:

It is all relative.. At the end HTs are all about demand and supply. Some say that a good HT patient should not be dependant on Finansteride cause he may not be able to commit to the medication for life. 

Also some patients not on Finansteride with the right caracteristics carry a lesser end risk than other patients on Finansteride.

That being said, for younger patients, with more aggressive hair loss Propecia is a almost a must.

Very true. As men get older they produce less DHT, so less need for medication. 

• Like 1

Funny :), I saw a claim today where a hair clinic (clinic from Turkey opened a branch in Bosnia, country in South East Europe) claims that their success rate is 99%. The rest of 1% are those with failed transplant due to using minoxidil, finasteride and other things without doctor's consent. 

img link

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2022 at 8:47 PM, Mike10 said:

Thanks Mike, Im gonna shoot you a DM if that's cool 

On 5/30/2022 at 9:58 AM, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

We have patients who have undergone transplant without medications. However, the ones with progressive baldness have required more sessions in the newly emptied areas in the future. You can get in touch with us if you would like to speak to such patients.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate that. I will send you a DM :)

• Thanks 1