Duta+fina+min before HT

Hi all,

First of all: thanks for the amazing content and help that everyone is providing on this forum. I've been lurking and reading a lot of topics, now decided to create an account to gather some additional information - and share my journey and pictures once I have some before/after (meds and HT) material.

I started oral duta (0,5 mg - twice per week), fina (0.5 mg - five times per week) and oral min (2,5 mg daily) a week ago to somehow rescue what I can, maybe get some regrowth and strengthen my donor for a future HT. Painful to admit it, but I guess I am a NW6 right now. What can I expect from this treatment if I am a good responder? How soon would I be able to tell if It am?

I'm also going for a HT - narrowing my choices down to Bicer, Mwamba and Eugenix. Given that I just started medication and these doctors/clinics have a waiting list, would you recommend me to already book a (2-day) procedure - irrespective of potential gains? How long should I wait to give the fina/duta/min treatment the chance to achieve regrowth? Or in other words: when can I safely book this procedure?

Thanks in advance!

Levi.

Edited by Levi

Oh, also considering dr. Gür and Fuegenix btw. Different price ranges among these 5 options, but I guess price is not irrelevant (not decisive either) if you are a high NW. 😅

Take a look at my post, I would say I was a "great" responder to those medications, plus Microneedling & LLLT.  I really threw the kitchen sink at it. 

I would say a "good" responder would just gain some in the crown.  Even with great medication results, a HT was always on my list.  With the meds, keep expectations in check.  Be happy with keeping what you have, any new hair is a bonus.

• Like 1

Levi,

To be honest, nonsurgical hair loss treatments are typically much better at helping individuals maintain their existing here rather than regrowing hair. In fact, only hair transmit surgery is proven to grow hair in completely bald areas.

When you say that you are a Norwood class six, are you currently heading there with a good amount of natural hair on top of your scalp or are you a full-blown Norwood six with essentially no natural hair left on top?  The reason I ask this is because your hair has a much better chance of responding to the medication if you have a good amount of natural hair left, even if it’s miniaturizing. It’s possible that the miniaturizing hair may thicken in time and provide you with an overall increase in hair density.

Also, how old are you and are you still losing hair? If no, approximately how long ago did it stop progressing?  

If you can post photos of the top of your scalp, we can give you a bette idea of where you’re at, how well you might respond to the medication and best and worst case scenarios and give you advice about hair transplant surgery in the upcoming months.

Don’t be discouraged. A number of individuals including myself would be a full-blown Norwood 5A to 6 if it weren’t for hair transplant surgery. In fact, since I’m wearing my hair longer, especially when I wear it up in a man bun, there are no signs that I’ve ever experienced anything. Even when I wear my hair short, the front to midsection looks very thick with only some mild sitting in the crown. Keep in mind that I would be completely bald on top without surgery.

Long story short, even if nonsurgical surgeon solutions don’t help you, surgical hair restoration very well may be available option as long as you have the donor for it.

Best Wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant
  • Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 5/24/2022 at 2:16 PM, DontWait said:

Take a look at my post, I would say I was a "great" responder to those medications, plus Microneedling & LLLT.  I really threw the kitchen sink at it. 

I would say a "good" responder would just gain some in the crown.  Even with great medication results, a HT was always on my list.  With the meds, keep expectations in check.  Be happy with keeping what you have, any new hair is a bonus.

Thanks for the input. I did try topical fin and min two years ago, combined with microneedling and had a fair amount of regrowth (a lot of velus hairs though), but things were not progressing as much as I had hoped and I kinda gave up.

But i'm going all in now - your post just confirmed that for me. 🙂

On 5/24/2022 at 2:46 PM, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Levi,

To be honest, nonsurgical hair loss treatments are typically much better at helping individuals maintain their existing here rather than regrowing hair. In fact, only hair transmit surgery is proven to grow hair in completely bald areas.

When you say that you are a Norwood class six, are you currently heading there with a good amount of natural hair on top of your scalp or are you a full-blown Norwood six with essentially no natural hair left on top?  The reason I ask this is because your hair has a much better chance of responding to the medication if you have a good amount of natural hair left, even if it’s miniaturizing. It’s possible that the miniaturizing hair may thicken in time and provide you with an overall increase in hair density.

Also, how old are you and are you still losing hair? If no, approximately how long ago did it stop progressing?  

If you can post photos of the top of your scalp, we can give you a bette idea of where you’re at, how well you might respond to the medication and best and worst case scenarios and give you advice about hair transplant surgery in the upcoming months.

don’t be discouraged. The number of individuals including myself would be a full-blown Norwood 5A to 6 if it weren’t for her Transplant Surgery. In fact, since I’m wearing my hair longer, Especially when I wear it up in a man bun, and there are no signs that I’ve ever experienced anything. Even when I wear my hair short, the front to midsection looks very thick with only some mild sitting in the crown. Keep in mind that I would be completely bald on top without surgery.

Long story short, even if Don surgeon solutions don’t help you, surgical hair restoration very well may be available option as long as you have the donor for it.

Best Wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Thank you for taking the time to respond 🙏 I'm not yet comfortable sharing pictures, but that will probably change once I start a host of online consultations with hair restoration clinics. I do realize that surgery is going to be the only option - and unlike the past decade, I feel that I've embraced the idea. My fear of losing native hair post transplant is kind of misplaced anyway - given my current situation. 😅

• Like 1