Clinic cancellations

FITA

Hello.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had their surgery cancelled by the clinic at short notice?

I’m not looking for people to name and shame, but was wondering how often this happens. Surely it does happen sometimes, if the doctor is ill for example?

I guess I’m paranoid that I’d lose out on flights and stuff if an appointment was cancelled at short notice.

4 hours ago, FITA said:

Hello.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had their surgery cancelled by the clinic at short notice?

I’m not looking for people to name and shame, but was wondering how often this happens. Surely it does happen sometimes, if the doctor is ill for example?

I guess I’m paranoid that I’d lose out on flights and stuff if an appointment was cancelled at short notice.

I think it's best to talk with the clinic in regards to this. See what they will do to accommodate you in the event that they somehow have to cancel. 

20 minutes ago, FITA said:

Hello.

Good question.  I've seen this happen throughout my career.  Staffing issues, (someone gets sick), an accident, could be anything.  Life gets in they way from time to time.  I think it is important to recognize a doctor also has the prerogative not to move forward with a procedure if he does not feel comfortable for any reason.  If the patient has unreasonable expectations, for example. Other times it could be just a simple explanation - like weather related issues - which comes into play when someone is traveling from a long distance.  Imagine if the flight is cancelled.

In this day and age reviews are very important.  "Not a happy camper" will immediately run to the computer to give his opinion which can be very damaging to the clinic.  

Constant communication with the clinic is key.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

life happens. it could be also you that cancels it on last moment, so just try to see it in their perspective while talking about it.

just make sure you're properly compensated, especially if you paid booking fee to the clinic.

other than that, they should help you with new dates, and or expenses if they cant be rescheduled.

i'm not saying that the clinic should cover ALL other expenses, but it's something that you can negotiate on.

just don't over extend if the clinic is is trying to make amends. that's abit of extortion.
IF the clinic say "deal with it" and you have to pay all new booking etc that you already paid for though... that's a somewhat dick move, even if they don't have to cover it.