How soon after transplant did you go around friends and extended family?

So I’m getting ready to secure my date for my HT and I’m debating on scheduling in August or Oct, my issue is come Sep I will need to go to two Birthday party’s and I’m wondering if I should just wait until Oct, I’m not planning on telling everyone, I’m trying to keep it between myself and my beautiful wife. Any ideas and Thoughts would be appreciated! 

How many weeks after the HT would the September birthday parties be? Within 1-2 weeks, you'll be mostly healed in regards to scabs, any swelling, etc. - but the thing you'll need to be most mindful of is the redness in the recipient area. How long this lasts varies from person to person, but as a general rule, I wouldn't expect it to be completely cleared until at least 4 weeks post-op. 

If you're open to wearing a hat, I think that would be the best bet if you really wanna keep it a secret - unless you're not typically a hat guy and people start asking questions as to why you're wearing it... Lol. 

I wore a hat after my procedure for this very reason. However, knowing what I know now, I could've saved myself some stress and overthinking if I had just been upfront about the procedure to begin with and not felt like I had to keep it a secret. When I finally did tell people months later, they were either A) very happy for me, B) intrigued because they (or someone they knew) were also losing their hair and wanted to get a HT, or C) couldn't have cared less and quickly went on with their day as if I had never said anything. Lol ;)

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

9 hours ago, Chetman2112 said:

So I’m getting ready to secure my date for my HT and I’m debating on scheduling in August or Oct, my issue is come Sep I will need to go to two Birthday party’s and I’m wondering if I should just wait until Oct, I’m not planning on telling everyone, I’m trying to keep it between myself and my beautiful wife. Any ideas and Thoughts would be appreciated! 

You can wear a cap or a hat when you visit your family members or when you attend a party. Nothing to worry about.