• Valued Contributor

Perming your hair is a good way to give the illusion of more coverage. I would wait a good six months personally but I would think (if you had enough hair grown out) that three months would be fine. I really think how long your hair is to perm dictates this one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Perming your hair is a good way to give the illusion of more coverage. I would wait a good six months personally but I would think (if you had enough hair grown out) that three months would be fine. I really think how long your hair is to perm dictates this one.

Does perm speed up balding at all?

Jodimaggio,

getting a perm won’t do anything to hurt your hair transplant.  As far as how long after a hair restoration procedure you can perm your hair, well… transplanted hair won’t be long enough to perm for at least six months after it starts growing.  Thus, by the time it’s long enough to perm, it surely going to be safe enough.

Wavy/curly hair can also assist with providing an illusion of density so if you like the wavy/curly look, it can benefit the overall appearance of density of your hair transplant in time.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

2 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Jodimaggio,

getting a perm won’t do anything to hurt your hair transplant.  As far as how long after a hair restoration procedure you can perm your hair, well… transplanted hair won’t be long enough to perm for at least six months after it starts growing.  Thus, by the time it’s long enough to perm, it surely going to be safe enough.

Wavy/curly hair can also assist with providing an illusion of density so if you like the wavy/curly look, it can benefit the overall appearance of density of your hair transplant in time.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Okay awesome. I just had no idea if perms were bad for hair(if you did it once) either before or after HT