Can be implanted grafts in donor area?

Hello everyone, it's been 1 month and 10 days since my donor area has been devastated, many say it's shock loss but I believe that even when I come back a little it will be failed, I heard that there is no solution besides micropigmentation in the donor area , most doctors say it is not possible to remove follicles from the sides in the case where I did not, to restore the devastation that was done in my donor area, is this really true? it's because?

PHOTO-2022-04-30-01-12-56.jpg

Edited by omgmyhair13

There’s no logical reason why a surgeon couldn’t harvest hair from the sides to even the spread so long as you’re not showing signs of retrograde alopecia. It isn’t conventional practice but there’s no reason they couldn’t. Same logic at putting hair into an FUT scar

Give it 3-4 more months , it will slowly get better . Mine improved and I am only at the 3 month mark . 

In case you are wondering about restocking the donor ; Dr Mwamba had a great case here . The result may vary from person to person but it would be worth a try for the right candidate . 

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

You're only five weeks post op. You need to give everything time to heal and if it is shock loss you need patience. It will improve and it is far too early to be thinking about donor farming, etc. I know it's frustrating but hair transplants are all about patience from the beginning of your research to the final end result. All the best!

• Like 1