How to conceal fue areas after surgery

JP1972

Sorry if this sounds strange but I am looking at having FUE done in Thailand and would like to know if or how people handled the shaved look from their fue surgery

I am probably going to do some sightseeing before the surgery but when traveling home I don't really want to have that kind of odd shaved head look after FUE

Mine is estimated at 1500 grafts so I am not sure what to expect.   I am thinking it will be in the back and maybe possibly the sides?  I have heard some people grow their hair long so that existing hair will fall over the surgery sight as well as the area the donors were taken from.  

Does anyone have any ideas?

The best way to conceal is to actually just tell everyone you're getting this done.  It will not be a surprise at that point.

• Thanks 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Trust me, very few people care what your hair looks like and even fewer will care at all that you've had a HT

The best solution is ALWAYS tell people upfront youve had a HT rather than try to hide it. 

If you must conceal for some reason, I recommend a hat over concealer. 

I would only place concealer on my crown, and if you are trying to conceal the work you likely want to put in on the hairline and temple points which is a hard no from me. 

1 hour ago, LaserCaps said:

The best way to conceal is to actually just tell everyone you're getting this done.  It will not be a surprise at that point.

That’s not really concealing it though is it, rather the complete opposite and actually being transparent. 

After 1500 grafts, assuming you have a virgin donor judging by your post, by day 6 onwards, it should be undetectable given you are having surgery with a skilled doctor. 

As for your recipient - it depends on the nature of your restoration. If it’s just a small hairline transplant of 1500 grafts, 3-4 week growth of the recipient should be enough to push forwards and cover any of the shedding/redness.

It’s all very hard to say without seeing pictures of your case, and of course, no one knows how your surgery will go, and how your recovery will be. However, to serve up a rough idea for you - go with the above as being a pretty sound portrait of what to expect.