Scalp is really dry and flaky 28 Days Post OP

Hi, I was wondering what products I can safely use at 28 days post OP to treat my flaky and really dry scalp. The picture doesn't really show how dry and flaky it is. What have you guys used to have helped? Thank you all for any advise

image.png.ab89de2f3e623a2cc1a26c62a4835e9b.png

Flakes are typically a result of dryness.  Avoid shampoos that contain alcohol as this dries the scalp. Baby shampoo would work.  Try that out and see how it goes.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

The grafts are firmly secure by that day post op so as mentioned, baby shampoo is probably the gentlest thing you can use. 

I suffer with dandruff myself that i keep at bay with T-Gel and marginally via Nizoral, but i'm also looking to be able to manage any side affects like dry scalp etc. 

Let us know how you get on. 

• 1 hour ago, LaserCaps said:
    • Flakes are typically a result of dryness.  Avoid shampoos that contain alcohol as this dries the scalp. Baby shampoo would work.  Try that out and see how it goes.

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I have the same at day 36 (dandruff, dryness)

I guess that's normal at this stage but I heard Nizoral would help

Did you experience shedding yet? as you can see in my pic I havent heavily shed yet and was wondering when to expect it. 

17 hours ago, kk23 said:

Hi, I was wondering what products I can safely use at 28 days post OP to treat my flaky and really dry scalp. The picture doesn't really show how dry and flaky it is. What have you guys used to have helped? Thank you all for any advise

image.png.ab89de2f3e623a2cc1a26c62a4835e9b.png

You can use hair protein creams for the dryness. It is normal to have flakiness. However, also do use a mild shampoo.

• Valued Contributor

I also suffered from a dry and flaky scalp after my surgery three months ago. I actually found that by leaving it alone was the best thing for me. Shampoo (whatever type) just seemed to dry my scalp out even more. The best thing I did find though was massaging in avocado and rose hip oil into my scalp and donor. I did this (and still do occasionally) about three times a week and it moisturized my scalp to the point where I could use shampoo such as Nizoril, etc. Wishing you all the best!