Scar Revision for Front of hairline after electrolysis to remove some hairs

I had a hair transplant 16 months ago and I’m not happy with my new hairline. I look back with regret on one particular part where I wasn’t clear enough before I walked through the door and I’m gutted with myself about how I handled the day, especially not being clear that i really only wanted 1000 hairs and not 2500. 

Where my hair parts at the sides, I want to look to remove about 200 hairs and ideally find a way to remove the scars and redness in the recipient area. Ideally i would remove more than just these hairs, but as a start i'd take it gradually if i was convinced on what treatment to do. 

I’ve seen things like scar revision or fractional laser resurfacing  etc, but I feel that given where the hair is, it’ll be noticeable.

in the photos I’ve been shaving some of the hairs to test how many I want to remove, which is why it may look a even stranger.

Does anyone have any advice on similar experiences/options that people feel would be possible or have experienced? I’m thinking about it constantly everyday and I don’t understand how I’m going to get over this 😢

Edited by NorthernMunkey
Missed a line out that I wanted to add

• Valued Contributor

You are not alone. I myself had punch grafts (rows of doll hair) along my hairline when I was just 18. I had this removed by several strip procedures over several years resulting in a scar that runs along my hairline. However you are in better hands today. You can have the grafts punched out over perhaps two procedures to repair your hairline. You are young and with a small punch, long term you won’t have any noticeable scars. Have a look at the surgeons on this forum who are great doing repair work. I really feel for the pain you are going through now and I can identify with what you are going through but it can be corrected. All the best. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I think your best option is probably to FUE out a few grafts in each corner and replant them further back in the hair line. It's only a small area and a small number of grafts on each side, so you should be able to get away with very minimal scarring that probably won't be noticeable by anyone. I posted a link the other day to Davy's thread who had a lot more grafts all along the hair line FUEed out and replanted and it looks like it turned out really well. I'll post the link below. I know there are a couple of others who had this done as well.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 3:26 AM, NorthernMunkey said:

D4A3D2CA-85F9-4633-BD67-C1CC819E25CB.thumb.jpeg.9a207c62acb3b84c0749af993f8f6e16.jpegE419EF89-9218-4342-AD94-658C6BAF7139.thumb.jpeg.b4474bdd4d7f447781a75c258ad17c27.jpegF434F73B-CDFE-4A82-811C-4EF2CF312F60.thumb.jpeg.5e3611e331358d634f02d06c389eda05.jpeg50955430-EA48-499E-885A-9937761A6098.thumb.jpeg.8f4b7384af3d50a4febe39a7013a47f0.jpeg

D4D1088F-4D85-41C9-859E-AA8C4DE02221.jpeg

You can have a corrective surgery done to remove the hair that look unnatural in the hairline. The can be planted behind your hairline for a denser look. However, since some of the hair will be in the anagen phase, you will require multiple procedures to completely remove all the hair from the unnatural angles. The use of tiny punches to remove the hair will enable you to have only microscopic scars that are not visible to the naked eyes.