Camino De Santiago after 1 Month from the FUE Hair Transplant?

Hello Everyone

After my first hair transplant in May I decided to take a 2 month vacation in Europe.

Do you think is irresponsible to walk the camino de Santiago one month after the surgery even if I will take the right precautions like buy a good anti UV hat, sunscreen and maybe start walking really early in the morning 😁

What do you think?

I'd really like to do it but I don't want to ruin the surgery

If you got a FUE, I think the only danger really is getting a sunburn. As long as you wear a hat I see no issues. 

I can't say from personal experience, but I think with FUT you have be more careful because if you exert yourself too much too soon you can hurt the FUT incision or something like that. I really don't know though and can't be bothered to look this up. 

But if you got a FUE and are wearing a hat it should be all gravy....

• Administrators

I traveled to Taj Mahal after 4 days lol you’ll be fine

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/21/2022 at 4:26 AM, finasted said:

Hello Everyone

After my first hair transplant in May I decided to take a 2 month vacation in Europe.

Do you think is irresponsible to walk the camino de Santiago one month after the surgery even if I will take the right precautions like buy a good anti UV hat, sunscreen and maybe start walking really early in the morning 😁

What do you think?

I'd really like to do it but I don't want to ruin the surgery

I highly recommend not doing that. Many doctors recommend 3-4 months no sun exposure. Some 6 months. I guess you can wear a hat but what if you forget one day or you still get burned? You will regret it if you get poor growth. It is not worth it. You hair is more important than a holiday. You have a limited amount of donor hair, you can always go on holiday another time. I would say wait 6 months. Or even more. Use a hat if you are in the sun for more than a few mins until you are fully healed. The dermis takes longer to heal and that's where grafts are getting blood supply from. Until the recipient area heals in a few months the skin loses the ability to protect its self from UV. You get burned much easier and this can damage the grafts if the sunburn is enough.