Stubble not shedding or growing after 7 weeks

I had my hair transplant 7 weeks ago. I still got alot of stubble like hair in my crown area which haven't shedded or growing. Should I worry? Has anyone else experience this?

Yup, I had quite a lot of that.  IDK what it means honestly.

After like 5+ months, I had I think like 3-4 hair stubbles that never grew or fell out.  I pulled them a little with tweezers and they came out with zero resistance.

I did apply a little resistance to the stubbles at the 3 month mark though and there was resistance, so I left them alone.

Check out my journey here:

5 hours ago, taza said:

Hi Fue3361

At 5 months did most of your stubble like hair grew,with only 3-4 stubble hairs left?

That, or it fell out.  I don't know which of the two it was haha.  At that point, my hair was too thick to really keep track of specific follicles.  

Check out my journey here:

• 3 months later...

Taza,

I honestly wouldn’t worry at this stage as you’re still very early in the process. My guess is that the transplanted hair is either growing very slowly or not growing due to shock from the surgery but possibly, instead of shedding, it’s going to continue to grow from The point it is at now after the shock. Where is often the growth period starts.

Let me explain this other way. Most people experience shedding of the transplanted hair 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. 3 to 5 months after the date of the procedure, new growth typically begins and slowly grows, thickens and darkens over the course of 12 to 18 months after the date of the procedure.  So it’s possible that your transplant hair will still shed and follow this line of progression just like most people.

on the other hand, some very lucky individuals do not experience a hair shed and the transplanted hair just grows slowly over time just like regular natural hair.  sometimes however, there will be delay in growth because the hair is still technically shocked from the surgery but when the growth period begins which is typically between 3 to 5 months, the transplant hair will just grow from the point it’s at now.

So putting this together, most likely you will either experience a hair shed soon and follow the former progression I mentioned first or, you won’t experience a hair shed and you will see the transplanted hair resume growth between 3 to 5 months after the date of the procedure.

At this point I don’t want to assume anything else or that there is any kind of problem. I suggest giving it ample time to go through the process and try not to worry in the meantime.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

2 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Taza,

I honestly wouldn’t worry at this stage as you’re still very early in the process. My guess is that the transplanted hair is either growing very slowly or not growing due to shock from the surgery but possibly, instead of shedding, it’s going to continue to grow from The point it is at now after the shock. Where is often the growth period starts.

Let me explain this other way. Most people experience shedding of the transplanted hair 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. 3 to 5 months after the date of the procedure, new growth typically begins and slowly grows, thickens and darkens over the course of 12 to 18 months after the date of the procedure.  So it’s possible that your transplant hair will still shed and follow this line of progression just like most people.

on the other hand, some very lucky individuals do not experience a hair shed and the transplanted hair just grows slowly over time just like regular natural hair.  sometimes however, there will be delay in growth because the hair is still technically shocked from the surgery but when the growth period begins which is typically between 3 to 5 months, the transplant hair will just grow from the point it’s at now.

So putting this together, most likely you will either experience a hair shed soon and follow the former progression I mentioned first or, you won’t experience a hair shed and you will see the transplanted hair resume growth between 3 to 5 months after the date of the procedure.

At this point I don’t want to assume anything else or that there is any kind of problem. I suggest giving it ample time to go through the process and try not to worry in the meantime.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Its been nearly 6 months and my stubble hair is still not growing or shedding. Could these stubbles be dead grafts? Shall I pull them out with tweezers?

15 minutes ago, taza said:

Its been nearly 6 months and my stubble hair is still not growing or shedding. Could these stubbles be dead grafts? Shall I pull them out with tweezers?

Probably dormant hairs. I would ask your clinic what to do. It might be a good idea to try and gently remove them to give way to any new growth coming through but I would def consult with your doctor first.