Dr. Shapiro In March

tberry

Hello all, I've been reading here for sometime now, but this is my first post. I've considered HT for several years now and these forums have helped me to choose a Doctor and given me the courage to go through with this. I talked with 3 Dr's and choose Dr. Shapiro. Actually, Dr Shapiro is the only one of the three that I did not make a visit to, but because of all the information flying around on these boards and my telephone consult I felt comfortable that he was the best choice for me. I'm a NW 5a. I'm going to have between 2000 and 2500 grafts done initially. My donor area is very good but my hair is fine to med. As I get closer I'll post some pics so everyone can see. It's the least i can do for all the imformation I have gathered on this site. Thanks to all of you guys for the info posted here. It really has helped me make an informed decision.

Hello all, I've been reading here for sometime now, but this is my first post. I've considered HT for several years now and these forums have helped me to choose a Doctor and given me the courage to go through with this. I talked with 3 Dr's and choose Dr. Shapiro. Actually, Dr Shapiro is the only one of the three that I did not make a visit to, but because of all the information flying around on these boards and my telephone consult I felt comfortable that he was the best choice for me. I'm a NW 5a. I'm going to have between 2000 and 2500 grafts done initially. My donor area is very good but my hair is fine to med. As I get closer I'll post some pics so everyone can see. It's the least i can do for all the imformation I have gathered on this site. Thanks to all of you guys for the info posted here. It really has helped me make an informed decision.

Tberry

Sounds like mine - I'd personally going with as many as your doc feels comfortable giving you. I had about 2,200 done the first time. While great, it wasn't enough and I went back for 2,200 more (that was 4 mos ago).

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice

I am also going to see Dr Shapiro in March to see if I can get out of this H/t hell that MHR put me in. I am hopeful that I can look ok but my spirit has been severly damaged as has my scalp. These guys are the best .

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I'm going to Dr. Rose in February on the 18th. You made a wise decision by going to the Shapiro Group. I am extremely impressed with their conservative approach. You may have to go in more than once, but the end result is amazing! You made the right choice...