Day 10. Do you think I have enough density

10 days post op.

No pain whatsoever on the transplanted area, with mild pain in the donor area.

Scabs and crust still pretty much there. Few hairs are showing, do not know if they are the existing or new transplanted hair. 

Do you think i am on the right path with regards to recovery, growth and extraction from the donor area?

Also, I am al little bit worried about the density. 

Thanks 🙏

IMG_20220414_135932.jpg

IMG_20220414_135752.jpg

IMG_20220414_135849.jpg

IMG_20220414_140151.jpg

You have some gap areas in the frontal part. You will likely require a second touch-up procedure for you to be satisfied. 

The crown as well seems to have a lack of density. If the doctor stated beforehand the crown will be improved but not perfect, perhaps this part will be satisfactory. But if the doctor intended for the crown to be fully filled in, then this will be unsatisfactory as well. 

Gap areas are an amateur move. And, it's actually really likely the doctor was aware he was causing gap areas, but didn't want to place anymore grafts than what you already paid for. The doc likely just stopped placing grafts as soon as he reached the agreed upon graft count, even though the doctor and doctor alone is responsible for the undercount. 

Don't go back to this clinic for anymore procedures. 

Gap Areas.png

• Like 1

Do not know about the frontal area. Perhaps it was incorrect marking or I have still existing hairs that might cover that area.

On the crown, the aim was to focus on the frontal area and fill in the crown area as much as possible. Also I have started minoxidil and finasteride, so hopefully that helps the area and existing hair. 

Other than that, do you think that the recovery went well and everything is as it should be?

Well I do not think everything is as its should be. I guess you can say the recovery is going well though since you didn't get sepsis, any infections, your scalp looks hygenic and clean enough. 

Regarding the gaps, if you had existing hair covering the area then these gaps wouldn't be there in the first place. The only potential scenario I can see working in your favor here is if perhaps these gap areas were caused by shock loss. But these do not appear to be shock-loss caused gap areas. 

The crown coverage satisfaction is subjective. I guess it depends on if you think the coverage is really "as much as possible". It seems like the doctor did not intend to give you 100% coverage in the crown. Which by all means is totally fine, as long as you as the patient agreed and are on the same page as the doc with how much coverage you were/are expecting there. 

• Valued Contributor

How many grafts did you have transplanted in total and who was your doctor/clinic?

Personally I think it looks okay at this stage and I think it's too early to say with any confidence whether this will provide the sort of density you're looking for. It's not a case of blatantly too few grafts which we sometimes see. It's possibly on the lower end of the 'good' amount of grafts per cm2 but again, it's not always obvious.

In my own case, at 4.5 months, I've still got a lot of shedded hairs yet to sprout, but the coverage in the front third is pretty darn good and full looking. Point being, when the hair is grown out in 6, 7, 8 + months time, you might be surprised by how full it looks. No use worrying about it just yet and it looks okay at this stage.

• Like 1

I had 2,400 grafts in the frontal area and 1,000 grafts in the mid scalp and crown area for a total of 3,400 grafts.

I did my procedure with Dr Ashmedov of Smile hair clinic.

My only concern is not the transplanted hair, however my existing hair. It is not as long as that of the sides, and not as dense as it was before the procedure. 

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, Magnificent20 said:

I had 2,400 grafts in the frontal area and 1,000 grafts in the mid scalp and crown area for a total of 3,400 grafts.

I did my procedure with Dr Ashmedov of Smile hair clinic.

My only concern is not the transplanted hair, however my existing hair. It is not as long as that of the sides, and not as dense as it was before the procedure. 

It's 10 days post op. You've had a large area of trauma to the scalp that will take time to full heal. I still had a red head until around the 3 month mark... You may have a bit of shock loss to native hair. You'll also probably not have had your head shaved completely evenly by the techs prior to surgery and every little possible issue will look and feel exaggerated with your hair so short. Give things time - it's all you can do at this stage. I'm not seeing anything to get overly concerned about yet, personally.

3,400 grafts is quite a small amount for such an area. What did you hair look like prior to surgery?

Edited by Berba11
Error