surgeon for body hair transplant

dippy

Hi,

I am considering getting hair transplant done on my scalp. Am currently on stage3 or 4 on Norwood scale. The point is: I have lot of hair on my body on chest, forearms, shoulders, legs and little on the back as well.

The question that I want to ask is: How good/bad, effective/ineffective are transplants from body hair? Would hair on my scalp grow like other existing hair or would they grow unpredictably? Also, is there a restriction that hair from a particular area (for example legs) cannot be used to transplant on scalp?

Also, can anyone suggest a surgeon for this hair transplant from body? I stay in Mumbai, India.

Please help.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Dippy

Hi,

I am considering getting hair transplant done on my scalp. Am currently on stage3 or 4 on Norwood scale. The point is: I have lot of hair on my body on chest, forearms, shoulders, legs and little on the back as well.

The question that I want to ask is: How good/bad, effective/ineffective are transplants from body hair? Would hair on my scalp grow like other existing hair or would they grow unpredictably? Also, is there a restriction that hair from a particular area (for example legs) cannot be used to transplant on scalp?

Also, can anyone suggest a surgeon for this hair transplant from body? I stay in Mumbai, India.

Please help.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

Dippy

dippy,

Is there a reason you don't want to use your scalp hair for a hair transplant?

In my opinion, body hair transplantation is less consistent. It also usually takes a greater amount of body hair to accomplish what scalp hair does since it's growth cycles are faster.

In my opinion, body hair is better used as filler hair and only after your scalp hair has been depleted.

Best wishes,

Bill

I second Bill. There was time when i was think in your line dippy but thanks to guys like Bill, who, definitely for good, have changed my opinion. Body hair transplant [bHT] can used as a filler and that too in extreme cases. Moreover, any good hair surgeon will tell you that the reliability of BHT is not as much as that of back of scalp hair transplant.

Done done.. Check out my blog..

2785 grafts by Dr. Humayun Mohammad

My Hair Loss WebLog