A few thick lone hairs at original hairline?

I wonder if anyone else has this issue where there are a few lone hairs (remnants of my original hairline) that somehow (completely) escaped the miniaturization process?  They are a good centimeter under my transplanted hairline.  I get that miniaturization doesn't affect all hairs at the same time in the same way but these are full thickness and way far down.

image.png.54295c558208153c21562eca38638e1c.png

I knew of these hairs before my HT but didn't think to ask my surgeon to punch them out for me.  They don't bother me too much since I wear my hair down, but I would like to see if this is normal or concerning.  Are they just the chosen ones? 

Edited by Lightmare

• Lightmare changed the title to A few thick lone hairs at original hairline?
4 minutes ago, Lightmare said:

I wonder if anyone else has this issue where there are a few lone hairs (remnants of my original hairline) that somehow (completely) escaped the miniaturization process?  They are a good centimeter under my transplanted hairline.  I get that miniaturization doesn't affect all hairs at the same time in the same way but these are full thickness and way far down.

image.png.54295c558208153c21562eca38638e1c.png

I knew of these hairs before my HT but didn't think to ask my surgeon to punch them out for me.  They don't bother me too much since I wear my hair down, but I would like to see if this is normal or concerning.  Are they just the chosen ones? 

These are often referred to as stragglers. Since they're your own, (native hair), they tend to add naturalness to the work.  Leave them alone.  They are miniaturized, (not as much as others), and likely will continue that process.  

• Like 2

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Moderators

Yep. I'm a NW 7, but I still have a couple of those hairs.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.