Shock loss?

Hello everyone, so I had my second fue just over 7 weeks ago and everything went well. Right now I am neck deep into to “ugly duckling” stage. I think I’ve shed about 80-90% by week 4. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a spot of missing hair in my hairline. It also has a funny tint to its appearance. It’s Almost red but it’s not a pimple or anything. The hair missing is definitely from my last procedure so it makes me a little nervous. I know that it’s probably shock loss but I haven’t noticed any other spots that have been badly effected. Here are some photos. You can also look at my last post to see further details on the surgery. Let me know what you think. Thank you!44AC7C38-3455-425E-816F-2D893872300D.thumb.png.c5bebc4c3c1dc75cde143fe51e6cc249.png

5800F22F-07E3-4EB0-86E1-E685C77E9B04.png

941B60B2-8334-4F0E-986C-092F3FCAEF15.png

ABE23B3A-1B13-4013-9CFA-504058065BB9.png

Yd684,

Don’t worry, it’s normal to experience shock loss not only to natural hair but previously transplanted hair as well. Essentially, transplanted hair acts just like natural hair and is affected the same way. The only difference is that transplanted hair is not affected by DHT because hair transplant surgery operates on a principal known as donor dominance.  This means that hair, even when moved will act more like it did in the donor region.

Since hair on the sides and back of the scalp is resistant to DHT, it will remain resistant to it even when moved to other areas of the scalp or body.  

But, any scalp hair can be “shocked” due to trauma to the scalp. This shock loss is referred to as telogen effluvium which is temporary.  Shocked hair (whether it’s natural or previously transplanted) will typically grow back between 6 to 12 months.

I hope this helps. 

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Curious, how many grafts were done on this procedure?…once the hair is shocked out, it begins to recover approximately 3-4 months later so please keep us advised how things progress for you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 4/5/2022 at 3:04 PM, gillenator said:

Curious, how many grafts were done on this procedure?…once the hair is shocked out, it begins to recover approximately 3-4 months later so please keep us advised how things progress for you.

I had 1500 grafts. I hope that’s all it is. I will keep this post updated

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I’d give an update on my progress. I’m just over 2 months now so not much has happened yet but I do believe shock loss is starting to recover. I still notice the little spot in my hairline but I think it will grown back within the next couple months. I will give another update at month 3!

E211730D-7FA3-4698-B514-A237C5E162F4.jpeg

55FEBFD1-E637-4DCF-9BCC-889A40F8DC6B.jpeg

B1D29636-0221-4917-98DF-3B0D4AB9269D.jpeg

AB42C1E4-5CCD-4668-A141-EAC71DF85552.jpeg

Things do look better and considering this is your second procedure, you are well ahead of the time table.

• Like 2

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Far ahead of the average. 

• Like 1

Gillenator

Far ahead of the average…😎

BTW, something as subtle as the use of a eyeliner or eyebrow pencil can potentially disquise that small spot until more regrowth occurs to cover it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gillenator

• 2 months later...

It just continues to improve!

• Thanks 1

Gillenator