Hi all

I have been in contact with a clinic which is part of harley street

Kevin who owns the company comes across as genuine and helpful, and isn't applying any pressure. The man performing the surgery will be Dr Kalra. They offer a lifetime guarantee, so will do a second surgery free if I loose more hair in the future, which is a very good reason to use them. Has anyone here been to this clinic and had work done by Dr Kalra? 

I have also had an offer from Dr Ahmad Moussa, who would perform the surgery, part of the surgery group. He has great reviews, he has a slightly different approach to the surgery however. I.e not lowering the hairline, just filling in the temples. 

If anyone has any knowledge of either Dr's or the practices, please let me know your experience. 

Thanks

24 minutes ago, MrCat said:

Hi all

I have been in contact with a clinic which is part of harley street hair.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/harleystreethairtransplant.co.uk

Kevin who owns the company comes across as genuine and helpful, and isn't applying any pressure. The man performing the surgery will be Dr Kalra. They offer a lifetime guarantee, so will do a second surgery free if I loose more hair in the future, which is a very good reason to use them. Has anyone here been to this clinic and had work done by Dr Kalra? 

I have also had an offer from Dr Ahmad Moussa, who would perform the surgery, part of the surgery group. He has great reviews, he has a slightly different approach to the surgery however. I.e not lowering the hairline, just filling in the temples. 

If anyone has any knowledge of either Dr's or the practices, please let me know your experience. 

Thanks

Firstly, welcome to the site and hopefully as you spend more time here it will help you increase your knowledge and make a great choice for any future hair transplant and hair restoration. 

Second and onto the core part of your post. 

DO NOT TRUST ONLINE REVIEWS ON TRUSTPILOT ETC.!

Yes, i had to put that in all caps because if there's anything i want anybody to walk away with reading this post is that these sites have become highly manipulated with fake reviews and any negative genuine reviews can and do get removed ASAP to only make it seem like the clinic is reputable. 

Regarding the clinic offering you a "Lifetime Guarantee" and 2nd surgery for free. HUGE RED FLAG!! 

Who would offer you something so ridiculously insane when they know hair loss is progressive and you're almost bound to lose hair if you aren't preventing it by medication like Finasteride, Minoxodil etc. and do something people pay thousands of pounds for and do it free? Bull Scheisse. 

Your donor area is finite. Imagine if somebody came up to you and said that i'm gonna give you something, but there's only 5 in the entire world. You really going to hand over 4 of them and be left with just 1 or seriously weigh up the Pros and Cons of giving something so precious away? 

If you do your research, save up and are actively preventing further hair loss with medication like Finasteride etc. you can hopefully go to somewhere reputable and be much more assured your finite donor area will be carefully managed and that if anything happens in the future, they can do a future procedure even if you have to pay for it. 

@MrCatPlease keep researching, you will find much, much better choices. If you’re willing to travel then look at Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Cyprus + Bulgaria for example. We don’t really have the elite Drs here in the Uk. It’s more than worth a trip to get the best and they are actually more affordable! Win/win 👌

• Like 1

Thanks. I did think it was a bit of a red flag. Decisions decisions, I have been recommended Dr Bicer in Turkey, price is similar to here in the UK and she is much recommended on here. So I may make the trip. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrCat said:

Thanks. I did think it was a bit of a red flag. Decisions decisions, I have been recommended Dr Bicer in Turkey, price is similar to here in the UK and she is much recommended on here. So I may make the trip. 

Definitely a good choice, Dr Bicer does good work, forum recommended and plenty of results to sift through 👍🏽

7 minutes ago, MrCat said:

Yeah, I made that mistake a while ago going for the TrustPilot reviews alone, I think you should look at forums for results and see the general opinion of people in regards to the doctor you chose.

Yer, I'd like to know more on the surgery group and Dr ahmad Moussa, I got a good vibe when I spoke to him. But again, reddit and here there is no information. I will avoid TP for my decision. Thanks all. 

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, MrCat said:

Yer, I'd like to know more on the surgery group and Dr ahmad Moussa, I got a good vibe when I spoke to him. But again, reddit and here there is no information. I will avoid TP for my decision. Thanks all. 

If you can't find plenty of patient journey's with regular updates and photos of the hair transplant results and a clear demonstration from those patient-posted results (reviews are not results!) that the clinic you're looking at understand & have the facilities to produce results that look natural (graft type, placement, direction, irregularities) and good donor management then you shouldn't ever be considering them. That's exactly how people walk into rubbish clinics and end up with sub-par results.

This of course assumes that you've first taken the time to understand what 'naturalness' is regarding a HT, and what a clinic must do and have to achieve it. If you've not got that far yet, please refrain from talking to clinics until you're able to ask the right questions of them.

• Like 2

Thanks, for the info. Have you had it done? If so, where? Any recommendations? If I was to set a budget for £3500 and need 1500 - 1800 grafts. I've been quoted 2200 from some, which concerns me. Sounds a bit overkill for where I'm at.

47 minutes ago, MrCat said:

Thanks, for the info. Have you had it done? If so, where? Any recommendations? If I was to set a budget for £3500 and need 1500 - 1800 grafts. I've been quoted 2200 from some, which concerns me. Sounds a bit overkill for where I'm at.

For £3500 you could have some solid options in Turkey with Dr Bicer or Eugenix Hair Sciences in India on the Exclusive Package. Without pictures, it's difficult to estimate grafts at all. 

Post some with a blurred face for privacy if you like. 

16 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

For £3500 you could have some solid options in Turkey with Dr Bicer or Eugenix Hair Sciences in India on the Exclusive Package. Without pictures, it's difficult to estimate grafts at all. 

Post some with a blurred face for privacy if you like. 

Thanks, I have a quote of Bicer, looking like 4k, vip with accommodation. Just need to find that extra cash I guess or see if I can strike a deal. I work in education, so getting in on the summer hols is a must. Plane tickets is also something I need to consider and their stance on vaccinations. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MrCat said:

Thanks, I have a quote of Bicer, looking like 4k, vip with accommodation. Just need to find that extra cash I guess or see if I can strike a deal. I work in education, so getting in on the summer hols is a must. Plane tickets is also something I need to consider and their stance on vaccinations. 

I think your job and timetable are certainly going to be an influence on when you want to go. Regarding flights, if you book in advance for the holidays window you shouldn't really have much issue with cost for flights to Turkey. 

The other factor you do need to remember though is that even if you are aiming for the school holidays, how do you plan to manage the 12 months period you need to get close to full growth? How will you handle the first 2-3 months when you're neck deep in the "Ugly Duckling" phase. 

Are you going to try keep the hair longer on the top and then comb over the transplanted areas whilst at work? 

42 minutes ago, MrCat said:

My head, in all its glory

20220326_111941.jpg

Thanks for sharing. 

You look at that angle around a Norwood 3 but given you are holding the hair back, it's difficult to guess whether you are thinning in the middle too. Either way, you need to be on medication imo like Finasteride if you want to keep the hair you have there naturally. 

I'm actually surprised you already say you have a quote from Dr Bicer because you never mentioned that and would you be willing to share when you got that. 

Ultimately you need to realise that having a hair transplant comes with some very specific restrictions you will need to follow for aftercare and the first 3 months are probably the worst because of that initial shedding phase and so on where shock loss can set in and need recovery. 4-6 months onwards tends to get better with the right clinics but you still need to factor in how you will manage those whilst trying to live a normal work and life balance. 

Personally i am going to try request the clinic i go to for my procedure to keep my hair longer on the top so that i can try use a fringe to cover the transplant for as long as i can when i need to go out, particularly in public. 

3 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I think your job and timetable are certainly going to be an influence on when you want to go. Regarding flights, if you book in advance for the holidays window you shouldn't really have much issue with cost for flights to Turkey. 

The other factor you do need to remember though is that even if you are aiming for the school holidays, how do you plan to manage the 12 months period you need to get close to full growth? How will you handle the first 2-3 months when you're neck deep in the "Ugly Duckling" phase. 

Are you going to try keep the hair longer on the top and then comb over the transplanted areas whilst at work? 

Thanks for sharing. 

You look at that angle around a Norwood 3 but given you are holding the hair back, it's difficult to guess whether you are thinning in the middle too. Either way, you need to be on medication imo like Finasteride if you want to keep the hair you have there naturally. 

I'm actually surprised you already say you have a quote from Dr Bicer because you never mentioned that and would you be willing to share when you got that. 

Ultimately you need to realise that having a hair transplant comes with some very specific restrictions you will need to follow for aftercare and the first 3 months are probably the worst because of that initial shedding phase and so on where shock loss can set in and need recovery. 4-6 months onwards tends to get better with the right clinics but you still need to factor in how you will manage those whilst trying to live a normal work and life balance. 

Personally i am going to try request the clinic i go to for my procedure to keep my hair longer on the top so that i can try use a fringe to cover the transplant for as long as i can when i need to go out, particularly in public. 

Hi, yer, so I have enough hair to cover the transplanted are thankfully. I'll upload a photo from the top, yer dealing with the ugly duck stage is going to be something I just have to deal with. I have been told I can have a partial shave for the surgery by a couple places. But I think bicer wants a full shave. 

I messaged the bicer clinic direct, I was whatsapped the next day or two. Not yet sure on availability, I've just asked today. Looks like it's been well assessed. Approx 1800 - 2200 quoted. 

I am on fin. And my hair, where it hasn't exited my life looks so much better, especially with a bit of length. Which is why I want the a natural fuller hairline back, as i reckon I may be able to enjoy a good few more years of feeling young and less self conscious about my fod.

20220328_130111.jpg

5 hours ago, MrCat said:

Hi, yer, so I have enough hair to cover the transplanted are thankfully. I'll upload a photo from the top, yer dealing with the ugly duck stage is going to be something I just have to deal with. I have been told I can have a partial shave for the surgery by a couple places. But I think bicer wants a full shave. 

I messaged the bicer clinic direct, I was whatsapped the next day or two. Not yet sure on availability, I've just asked today. Looks like it's been well assessed. Approx 1800 - 2200 quoted. 

I am on fin. And my hair, where it hasn't exited my life looks so much better, especially with a bit of length. Which is why I want the a natural fuller hairline back, as i reckon I may be able to enjoy a good few more years of feeling young and less self conscious about my fod.

20220328_130111.jpg

It's good that you're on Finasteride and also noticing some benefit. A lot of people think Finasteride is there to regrow all your hair and don't understand its mechanism of action properly. They also don't understand generally how things like Minoxodil work in tandem on a different mechanism of action and both need to be indefinitely used. 

As a person working in education, i'm sure you can appreciate the importance of research and making sure you get all the proper information. Unfortunately hair transplants are full of dubious claims and charlatans. Even pretending to have science backed sounding claims that under scrutiny don't hold up. 

You're probably gonna be in great hands with Dr Bicer as she's forum recommended and has patient cases you can see on here. Downside is the full shave method i guess if it includes the top of the head too which is the non-donor area. 

3 hours ago, NARMAK said:

It's good that you're on Finasteride and also noticing some benefit. A lot of people think Finasteride is there to regrow all your hair and don't understand its mechanism of action properly. They also don't understand generally how things like Minoxodil work in tandem on a different mechanism of action and both need to be indefinitely used. 

As a person working in education, i'm sure you can appreciate the importance of research and making sure you get all the proper information. Unfortunately hair transplants are full of dubious claims and charlatans. Even pretending to have science backed sounding claims that under scrutiny don't hold up. 

You're probably gonna be in great hands with Dr Bicer as she's forum recommended and has patient cases you can see on here. Downside is the full shave method i guess if it includes the top of the head too which is the non-donor area. 

Yer deffo and improvement, another solid day of research ahead of me. 

Looking at this dude at the moment.

Dr. Geza Sikos

And have contacted a few others around Europe, I'd grab their names but I have so many tabs open lol.

I will update when I make a decision, be it unpopular or not lol.

Wish me luck

• Valued Contributor
8 hours ago, MrCat said:

Yer deffo and improvement, another solid day of research ahead of me. 

Looking at this dude at the moment.

Dr. Geza Sikos

And have contacted a few others around Europe, I'd grab their names but I have so many tabs open lol.

I will update when I make a decision, be it unpopular or not lol.

Wish me luck

What has made you look at Dr Sikos? I don't know anything about him, but can see there aren't any patient journey's on this forum (as far as I can see), which is a big red flag.

If you're looking at more budget friendly options, I'd only recommend Dr Bicer, Dr Demirsoy or one of the cheaper Eugenix packages. Going to India will cost more in flights & visas, however.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

What has made you look at Dr Sikos? I don't know anything about him, but can see there aren't any patient journey's on this forum (as far as I can see), which is a big red flag.

If you're looking at more budget friendly options, I'd only recommend Dr Bicer, Dr Demirsoy or one of the cheaper Eugenix packages. Going to India will cost more in flights & visas, however.

Was just one of the names that came up on another site. Since changed my mind tho. Yer I would like to go with bicer. Next slot Feb though, so, unless I get a cancellation, wouldn't be getting the work done until next year. 

Will check out your other suggestions however. See how I fair. I've read so much in last two says it's driven me mad. Nevermind the amount of forms I've filled out.

• Like 1

Just now, MrCat said:

Was just one of the names that came up on another site. Since changed my mind tho. Yer I would like to go with bicer. Next slot Feb though, so, unless I get a cancellation, wouldn't be getting the work done until next year. 

Will check out your other suggestions however. See how I fair. I've read so much in last two says it's driven me mad. Nevermind the amount of forms I've filled out.

Dr Turan or Dr Gur are also good options from what we have seen ! Although it can be worth waiting for someone like Dr Bicer. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @MrCat et al. I'm Yannis, the co-owner of Harley Street Hair Transplant Clinics. Recently found this thread and thought I would offer our side and address some points that have been mentioned.

1) I agree partly with @NARMAK on TP. When i have been looking at other TP accounts and scrolling through the reviews, some do seem fake. That's not to say that all are and for me, I tend to look at the actual review content. I have seen a lot of reviews on TP that are (and I'm paraphrasing) "Great info, felt like I got good advice, would recommend, 5 stars". This to me is "take it with a pinch of salt" review. If however someone has taken the time and written a more in depth review about the experience of surgery as well as post results, then that is a review that I will take on board.

2) Regarding the lifetime guarantee and 2nd surgery for free, thank you for bringing it up as I think we could do better with how we phrase it and explain it. Our main focus as a company is patient care and satisfaction, so if for some reason the area we have worked on needs any work doing, we will perform a 2nd procedure free of charge on that area. That's not to say that for example: we work on a hairline and everything goes fine. Then a few years down the line, the crown starts thinning, we would not perform a 2nd procedure on the crown area for free as it is not the area we have worked on.

3) I agree that the results/before and afters are what matter. For us as a company we have our website: (harleystreethairtransplant.co.uk) as well as instagram and youtube (see Matty's video that he also posted on tik tok) to put our work on display. There are also Google reviews (here is one from our Glasgow site) as well as TP (the link is above and I know that TP isn't a favourite, however I would encourage you to read through not just our reviews, but other hair transplant clinic reviews and look at the content of the review and if that review goes into more detail about the procedure and experience with the surgeon rather than just some "fluff" that seems manipulated). These are what we currently utilise to showcase our results.

I hope you get what you are looking for @MrCat be it with us or with another hair transplant company, we wish you all the best.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

4 hours ago, gianty said:

Hi @MrCat et al. I'm Yannis, the co-owner of Harley Street Hair Transplant Clinics. Recently found this thread and thought I would offer our side and address some points that have been mentioned.

1) I agree partly with @NARMAK on TP. When i have been looking at other TP accounts and scrolling through the reviews, some do seem fake. That's not to say that all are and for me, I tend to look at the actual review content. I have seen a lot of reviews on TP that are (and I'm paraphrasing) "Great info, felt like I got good advice, would recommend, 5 stars". This to me is "take it with a pinch of salt" review. If however someone has taken the time and written a more in depth review about the experience of surgery as well as post results, then that is a review that I will take on board.

2) Regarding the lifetime guarantee and 2nd surgery for free, thank you for bringing it up as I think we could do better with how we phrase it and explain it. Our main focus as a company is patient care and satisfaction, so if for some reason the area we have worked on needs any work doing, we will perform a 2nd procedure free of charge on that area. That's not to say that for example: we work on a hairline and everything goes fine. Then a few years down the line, the crown starts thinning, we would not perform a 2nd procedure on the crown area for free as it is not the area we have worked on.

3) I agree that the results/before and afters are what matter. For us as a company we have our website: (harleystreethairtransplant.co.uk) as well as instagram and youtube (see Matty's video that he also posted on tik tok) to put our work on display. There are also Google reviews (here is one from our Glasgow site) as well as TP (the link is above and I know that TP isn't a favourite, however I would encourage you to read through not just our reviews, but other hair transplant clinic reviews and look at the content of the review and if that review goes into more detail about the procedure and experience with the surgeon rather than just some "fluff" that seems manipulated). These are what we currently utilise to showcase our results.

I hope you get what you are looking for @MrCat be it with us or with another hair transplant company, we wish you all the best.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

I'm sure others can respond for themselves but i do not trust TP reviews no matter how in depth they may seem, they are still much more limited in scope compared to the genuine patient journeys to be found on a site like this almost weekly or monthly in updates. 

The genuine more in depth looking reviews cited can also be a more elaborately manipulated review too. 

Whilst i'm sure you are a perfectly nice person, and thank you for clarifying the clinics stance on the "lifetime guarantee". I prefer to see as i'm sure do many others independently posted user reviews on sites like this before a trust can be built. 

A hair transplant is a deeply personal journey and a reputation has to be built to offer people assurance that they will be in good hands and having a body of work via genuine reviews here by active participating members gives more confidence than online TP etc. reviews ever well considering how widespread the aforementioned manipulation has become. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I'm sure others can respond for themselves but i do not trust TP reviews no matter how in depth they may seem, they are still much more limited in scope compared to the genuine patient journeys to be found on a site like this almost weekly or monthly in updates. 

The genuine more in depth looking reviews cited can also be a more elaborately manipulated review too. 

Whilst i'm sure you are a perfectly nice person, and thank you for clarifying the clinics stance on the "lifetime guarantee". I prefer to see as i'm sure do many others independently posted user reviews on sites like this before a trust can be built. 

A hair transplant is a deeply personal journey and a reputation has to be built to offer people assurance that they will be in good hands and having a body of work via genuine reviews here by active participating members gives more confidence than online TP etc. reviews ever well considering how widespread the aforementioned manipulation has become. 

Thank you for your reply @narmak I appreciate your point of view and yes I agree with you partly as mentioned above about TP. There are of course real reviews as well as fake ones on there and it’s hard to distinguish which are real vs fake, so that’s why I was providing my opinion on how I look at reviews on that platform. At the end of the day any platform is open for manipulation to a degree and people will have different views on them.

I am happy to speak to past patients for anyone that is wanting to find out more from them and their experience with us from beginning to post procedure as well as progress updates/follow ups.

I do understand your point about that however in reality there’s only so much that a patient will do post procedure. It’s a bit of a weird one as our job is in essence to be like we never existed by providing as natural as possible results so that other people don’t realise that a hair transplant has occurred.

Yep, 100% agree on that statement about a ht being a personal experience. We are building our reputation via providing the best possible care and results to all our patients. we have images and videos of before and afters on our website and socials as mentioned above where people can view for themselves.

thank you for your input once again.

Hi,

Thank you for all the information and responses. Today I did the deed. Just out of surgery. I went with Dr Turan of FUECap. It was a great experience. I will update some photos and detail my experience soon. Just fresh out and feeling a bit done in. 

• Like 1