Review Websites

FabioCH

Hi all,

I am thinking about an HT in Turkey.

I am digging for quiet a while and I am wondering which review site can be considered as reliable.

I have seen some Dr/Clinics on :

-Trustpilot (I think this is the reference but I assume many fake reviews on it)

-Proven expert (I don't really know this site but it seems pretty leggit but maybe I am a bit naive)

-Facebook reviews (also I think many fake reviews)

-Google reviews (also I think many fake reviews)

- Medihair - (I don't know what to think about this website, seems pretty legit but at the same time can be a marketing/commercial plateform)

- Medicaldeparture - (I don't know what to think about this website, seems pretty legit but at the same time can be a marketing/commercial plateform)

I would really appreciate your feedbacks/experiences regarding these websites.

Thank a lot guys.

Edited by Hans - Webmaster
External links removed

Neither of these are what you should be looking for. What you want is actual/reliable results on a forum such as this, full 12 month patient journeys are the best. Consider other options in Europe. Turkey is not the best place to consider for a Hair Transplant, it has maybe 6 reliable Drs/Clinics. 
See the forums recommended list:

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/best-hair-transplant-surgeons

• Like 2

The names you will see mentioned here for Turkey are Dr Bicer, Dr Demirsoy, Dr Yaman, Dr Pekiner, Dr Turan, Dr Gur + HLC, that’s pretty much it for Turkey, and do search for results for each here on the forum. However if you look further afield to Spain/Portugal/Belgium+Bulgaria then you have access to some of the best Drs worldwide! 

• Like 1

Unfortunately the biggest problem we have right now is how these websites once designed and intended to help consumers have become manipulated and used almost fraudulently to create fake 5* reviews and also remove negative reviews against the clinic or drown them out. 

Patient reviews here are probably a helpful gauge and so far at least, i haven't seen the forum removing reviews from non-recommended doctors/clinics when posted by a patient. 

Although, i do not know if non-paying clinics are allowed an account on here to discuss like we see the more official patient accounts of recommended clinics/doctors. 

• Like 3

Thanks both of your (J.A.C & NARMAK) for your replies and advices.

My personnal info is :

33yo

Losing hair since 2-3 years (actually NW2/3)

I don't seems to loose hair anymore at this stage.

I don't take medicine, tried Mono in the past but wasn't satisfied by the output.

I attach a few pictures

Also, of course I am sceptical regarding reviews website. My first source of information is this forum, some Facebook groups (mostly Hair Transplant Experiences, Hair Loss Conquerors) and certification from various associations (IHARS, ISHRS, AHLA, etc.)

Doing this I've shortlisted a few clinics/doctors but I also wanted to add reviews site rating to my shortlist (see attached). - Still in progress.

20220325_084732.jpg

20220325_084745 (1).jpg

20220325_084755.jpg

20220325_091724.jpg

Back_reduce 2.jpg

Follow-up pic.jpg

Edited by FabioCH
Bad picture quality

That’s not a bad list, and pretty similar to what I was suggesting… Dr Keser has always seemed pretty selective in the cases he takes on. However it’s likely he would consider you, as it’s doesn’t look like you need a excessive amount of grafts.

I wouldn’t be putting any faith in being members of IHARS/ISHRS etc.. it’s not a reliable way of looking for a Dr, anybody wondering only has to take a look at some of the Drs/Clinics that are members.. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FabioCH said:

Thanks both of your (J.A.C & NARMAK) for your replies and advices.

My personnal info is :

33yo

Losing hair since 2-3 years (actually NW2/3)

I don't seems to loose hair anymore at this stage.

I don't take medicine, tried Mono in the past but wasn't satisfied by the output.

I attach a few pictures

Also, of course I am sceptical regarding reviews website. My first source of information is this forum, some Facebook groups (mostly Hair Transplant Experiences, Hair Loss Conquerors) and certification from various associations (IHARS, ISHRS, AHLA, etc.)

Doing this I've shortlisted a few clinics/doctors but I also wanted to add reviews site rating to my shortlist (see attached). - Still in progress.

20220325_084732.jpg

20220325_084745 (1).jpg

20220325_084755.jpg

20220325_091724.jpg

Back_reduce 2.jpg

Follow-up pic.jpg

Your hair loss doesn't seem aggressive and you are at a decent age where it isn't as aggressive but i would strongly suggest medication like Finasteride in order to better keep what you already have. 

Consider adding Nizoral with 2% ketoconazole and if you did want to, you could add Microneedling at 1mm to 1.5mm once a week too. That would really help beef up your hair loss prevention imo from further loss and even better stand you against needing a further hair transplant sooner. 

I would say you can keep Minoxidil in your back pocket for down the line tbh. 

Thank you again to both of you.

At this stage my Nr 1 choice would be Dr Ozlem Bicer, all the reviews of her work are really amazing and she really appears to put the patient at the very center of her considerations.

I have two concerns about her tho, I don't know how selective she is and if she would agree to take my case, I am expecting a pretty long delay between booking and operations. I have also seen that she is a bit pricy compared to some competitors but tbh I rather wait a little longer and pay a bit more to ensure a quality and unrushed job.

Regarding Finasteride, I have to admit I am a bit worried regarding some of the reported side effects and I have heard that if you stop taking it the effects will stop (which make sens). 

HT seems to be a more permanent solution and even if it costs more than Fin and/or mono, as this is a one shot Fees, I assume in the long term it may became more affordable.

• Thanks 1

Yeh the sooner you consider/try Fin the better really. I’m not one to say “jump on Fin bro” I would say speak to your own Dr/Gp and/or Dermatologist it should be done with professional advice.

The side effects can be very real for some, you can always vary the dose and also consider topical Fin as a alternative. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FabioCH said:

I've taken an appointement with a Dermatologist to discuss this.

I will talk to her about Fin and Mono and assess the best possible treatement.

I'll keep you posted 🙂

Good plan 👍🏽 And yes Dr Bicer might be slightly more expensive than some of the others, but she is definitely worth it IMO. Not many others have her years of experience, and the after care shown is very good too. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, J.A.C said:

I’m also wondering where your from ? As your username Is Fabio 😉

Yep, I am from Switzerland (CH is the international code for Switzerland) but my father is from Sicily, hence my first name is Fabio) 🙂 

• Like 1

Just now, FabioCH said:

Yep, I am from Switzerland (CH is the international code for Switzerland) but my father is from Sicily, hence my first name is Fabio) 🙂 

I thought this might be the case, I’m a Italian guy living in the UK. As you also mentioned Switzerland, have you considered Hattingen? Very Impressive results ! 

1 minute ago, J.A.C said:

I thought this might be the case, I’m a Italian guy living in the UK. As you also mentioned Switzerland, have you considered Hattingen? Very Impressive results ! 

Oh ok, 🙂 yeah I guess Italian people can be found all around the world.

About Hattingen I've actually had a look at it but first of all it is in the german speaking part of Switzerland (I am from the French speaking part) and I would not be confortable enough to discuss HT in German (in Turkey, I believe they provide translators most of the time). Plus the cost in CH is waaaaaaay higher (~7'500 €/6600£ for 2000 grafts).

Also eventhough Swiss medical facilities are really high-end, I assume that Turkey is really focusing on this sector and if you do good research you may find better practicians/clinics as in UE/CH. Maybe I am wrong about it but seeing the number of people that go to Turkey to do HT, they really must ensure high quality standards to maintain their reputation (I speak about legit Dr/Clinics and not Hair mills of course)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FabioCH said:

Oh ok, 🙂 yeah I guess Italian people can be found all around the world.

About Hattingen I've actually had a look at it but first of all it is in the german speaking part of Switzerland (I am from the French speaking part) and I would not be confortable enough to discuss HT in German (in Turkey, I believe they provide translators most of the time). Plus the cost in CH is waaaaaaay higher (~7'500 €/6600£ for 2000 grafts).

Also eventhough Swiss medical facilities are really high-end, I assume that Turkey is really focusing on this sector and if you do good research you may find better practicians/clinics as in UE/CH. Maybe I am wrong about it but seeing the number of people that go to Turkey to do HT, they really must ensure high quality standards to maintain their reputation (I speak about legit Dr/Clinics and not Hair mills of course)

It’s unfortunate that people are under the impression that Turkey is the epicentre for a good Hair Transplant, in reality that’s not true. The sheer quantity of clinics is what’s driving this perception, considering the 100s of clinics only the very few we are discussing above are actually doing good/reliable work. Cost is another driving factor and always will be, yes it will be a lot cheaper than elsewhere worldwide, but it’s also a massive risk for 99% of people choosing the hair mills/low cost “clinics” 

Its good to see that you’re actually doing really good research before hand, so many others don’t, or ignore our advice, you have pretty much narrowed it down already to the only decent choices in Turkey.. 

Some of the best work is being done in Spain/Belgium/Portugal + Bulgaria, for not that much more cost per graft. If you can afford it then some really good choices, and it’s always worth saving to get the Dr best suited for our needs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

It’s unfortunate that people are under the impression that Turkey is the epicentre for a good Hair Transplant, in reality that’s not true. The sheer quantity of clinics is what’s driving this perception, considering the 100s of clinics only the very few we are discussing above are actually doing good/reliable work. Cost is another driving factor and always will be, yes it will be a lot cheaper than elsewhere worldwide, but it’s also a massive risk for 99% of people choosing the hair mills/low cost “clinics” 

Its good to see that you’re actually doing really good research before hand, so many others don’t, or ignore our advice, you have pretty much narrowed it down already to the only decent choices in Turkey.. 

Some of the best work is being done in Spain/Belgium/Portugal + Bulgaria, for not that much more cost per graft. If you can afford it then some really good choices, and it’s always worth saving to get the Dr best suited for our needs. 

Yes I fully agree. 

I guess some people tend to forget HT remains a surgical operation and it must not been underestimated. 

I have to admit I haven't really look elsewhere than Switzerland (my country of course) and Turkey (many options and price).

In the countries you mentionned I had a look at Chris Bisanga and Patrick Mwamba (mostly because Belgium is really closed to Swizerland and speaks french as well) but the costs remain pretty high compared to Turkey.

Of course I am always open to consider other options and if you have good Dr/Clinics to recommend in the other countries you mentionned I am always interested 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, FabioCH said:

Yes I fully agree. 

I guess some people tend to forget HT remains a surgical operation and it must not been underestimated. 

I have to admit I haven't really look elsewhere than Switzerland (my country of course) and Turkey (many options and price).

In the countries you mentionned I had a look at Chris Bisanga and Patrick Mwamba (mostly because Belgium is really closed to Swizerland and speaks french as well) but the costs remain pretty high compared to Turkey.

Of course I am always open to consider other options and if you have good Dr/Clinics to recommend in the other countries you mentionned I am always interested 🙂

Somewhere not too far from Turkey and always recommended is HDC (Cyprus)@Doron Haratiis a active rep here on the forum, Dr Christina is around the same price as Dr Bicer… 

• Thanks 1

Look at Dr. Pinto for 2.6€ per graft, Dr. Ferreira for 3€, both in Portugal. 

Then Dr. De Freitas in Spain at 3.5€ for the 1st 1,000 grafts but 2.5€ afterwards. 

All 3 are not much more and way better options in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

My advice is to try finasteride. You won't notice it doing anything except you'll keep your current hair. Definitely get it from a Dr though. If you get sides you might just adjust your dosage so say 3x a week instead of every day.

If you can afford some of the Portuguese and Spanish Dr's, I think they are just on a different level than any of the Turkey Dr's. Of course this is all subjective so doing research and finding real patient reviews with similar hair style to you is important. 

2 hours ago, FabioCH said:

Thank you again to both of you.

At this stage my Nr 1 choice would be Dr Ozlem Bicer, all the reviews of her work are really amazing and she really appears to put the patient at the very center of her considerations.

I have two concerns about her tho, I don't know how selective she is and if she would agree to take my case, I am expecting a pretty long delay between booking and operations. I have also seen that she is a bit pricy compared to some competitors but tbh I rather wait a little longer and pay a bit more to ensure a quality and unrushed job.

Regarding Finasteride, I have to admit I am a bit worried regarding some of the reported side effects and I have heard that if you stop taking it the effects will stop (which make sens). 

HT seems to be a more permanent solution and even if it costs more than Fin and/or mono, as this is a one shot Fees, I assume in the long term it may became more affordable.

I completely understand the concern around Finasteride and let me share my story for a moment. 

For about 10 years from my early 20s till 30s i didn't take it at all. Because originally when i looked the anecdotal BS was your penis will stop working and its permanent even if you stop etc. and all sorts of other fear mongering. As a young 20 something guy i said i'd rather lose my hair than that happen, BUT i never did any actual research on the clinical data. So i never used it and extremely lucky like you that my hair loss seemed to be slow generally. However, my brother who had been hit harder than me and was a few years younger had already begun to take Dutasteride. A much stronger version of Finasteride if you will. Hr luckily showed no side affects really of concern that he mentioned at all. Just the good stuff it helped him with like some regrowth even. Things came to a head when during lockdown he's cutting my hair and telling me how badly it looked like it was starting to get in terms of the signs for thinning. Bearing in mind i had Covid prior to that which apparently now has been linked to some hair loss and i had really bad scalp condition. So, i got back, bit the bullet and decided to go for Dutasteride. Hell, when you realise they already say you're at the 50% mark so i went nuclear to try jet engine regaining any ground i could. I did have side affects for a few months as my body got used to the sharp drop of DHT as i took 0.5mg everyday. After my body recalibrated i would even say those sides have almost all but abated and i don't notice anything of concern that would stop me continuing it. 

I made sure i got my blood worl etc. tested and they identified Vitamin D deficiency which was addressed and helped me too as it can be responsible for hair loss. I added Nizoral but it wasn't helping enough with my scalp dandruff but adding T-Gel recently had helped a lot. I need to pick Microneedling up again but i feel in a better place than 10 months ago with the medication. I will certainly share things around the 12 month mark around here. 

• Thanks 1