donor area miniaturizing advice

Just an update on my case - Moved to oral minoxidil around 1 month ago and still shedding... Jumped on dutasteride around 3 weeks ago too so this shouldve stopped by now. 

Starting to lose a lot of hair.

Confidence never been this low in my life. I will upload photos either tomorrow or saturday as ive just put toppik in so no point in doing it now!

Hi @aKaWonderKid,

It is normal to experience shedding when switching to oral minoxidil and DUT. It's usually a good sign as it means your weaker, miniaturized hairs are shedding and making room for stronger hairs. 

If you're not getting any sides then trust the medications to do there thing and give it at least 6 months, if not 12, before you evaluate the effectiveness.

Take clear photos every 2 months and the forum will be able to provide their honest feedback. 

Think of this as a scientific project and if something isn't working after 6 months then you can look at the next potential solution. 

You're doing everything you can at this stage so please find a way to reduce the stress and over thinking as this isn't good for your mental wellbeing or your body. 

Also it would be wise to book an appointment with a top dermatologist to diagnose or rule out any scalp conditions.

Best of luck.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 6:52 AM, Whipaway said:

What dosage of oral minoxidil are you taking.

I would take it as a positive that you are shedding 

I'd take as a positive but shedding for over 5 weeks or so now using this new medication