Can a HT change skin pigmentation?

Fellas,

I had a HT on the hairline from V-shape receded hairline to straight hairline (I am white) and I remember being very red in the recipient area for a long time, and I went to the sun and got quite tan  in between 3-4 months post op

The HT grew well, but I now a few years later I realize since I am now very tan, I see that the area on the hairline and corners where HT is placed is whiter and pale compared to the sun tanned rest of the face and forehead is, does this sound strange?

• Like 1

I’m curious of this as well. After my first transplant, my skin was more pale 0.5cm down from my hairline in a thin strip. After my second transplant, I lowered the hairline about 0.5-1cm and now in certain lighting, I can see the skin below my current hairline is more pale in a thin strip as well.

Hi,

This is perfectly possible. Due to some scarring in the recipient area. Although many clinics will say that there is none, but the truth is that there is always little bit of scarring in the recipient area also. And scar tissue tends to stay more pale then normal skin. 

Regards,

Dr. Munib

• Like 1

• 3 months later...