Anyone had experience with "HairTran Clinic" in Bangkok?

Hello, hope this is the right place to ask.

I've searched for Bangkok and I see some experiences of other clinics, however I have not seen anything for HairTran clinic and Dr Patty. 

Anyone have evaluated them or better yet, used them?

Thank you

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link
  • Like 1

Hi @BKKGUY I did some research on clinics in Thailand (on here as well as through other channels) and I did not come across "HairTran Clinic". As @NARMAK has mentioned there are two surgeons recommended on this forum that are based in Bangkok and both have positive feedback by patient reviews. 

The reason I found it was a guy posted his progress on Reddit and it looked good. 

Later I went to visit the clinic and it all seemed great. I have not yet visited any other ones though, so I technically don't have anything to compare with. But I got an email graft quote from DHT which is way more expensive and I'm trying to figure out the differences now. 

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed link
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've since been to a few other clinics, and here are my impressions.

HairTran - Smaller place, doctor seems professional and overall she/they guided me through the process, gave a lot of info regarding pre/post instructions and provided it on paper so to speak. It felt a little bit like they wanted to hurry the booking, and giving a discount while giving the price felt a bit .. let's be honest .. fake. Overall I was very impressed with them, but the little push and fake discount made me dislike it a bit, combined with low price and less reviews it just makes me hesitate a bit. Which is a shame because the few reviews I've seen DO look really nice. They had a fairly high estimate at ~1700 grafts.

Absolute Hair - A bit bigger place, doctor (Kongkiat?) seemed fine, although the consultation felt a little bit rushed if I am honest. Took a bit more prodding to get answers, but I guess I could imagine this is because he is a bit more "famous" and assume people know a bit before going there (which might be me projecting because I do know stuff). All in all this seems fine, but I think this is partly due to having many reviews. Estimate was much lower, at 1300-1400 grafts.

DHT - I mean, I really understand why they charge so much (nearly double). Building is fancy (well, it's NEW) af, I was looked at by 2 doctors, and they gave suggestions and options for hairline (something others hadn't really done much of). They also inspected the donor area thoroughly with a microscope to count density, maybe not needed? but no other place did so. They did provide a discount during the price, which again gave me a bit of a pause, however I might have triggered it as I was asking for price depending on doctor. Graft estimates here were definitely more varied due to the options they gave, like 900 up to 1500, and they also gave estimates based on density.

-

Are there any other clinics you think I should visit?

-

I've not decided yet, evaluating finasteride now, and they all just seem fine to some degree, causing some decision paralysis.

I would be opting for Dr Kongkiat, the one person I have seen consistent results over the last decade or so. He’s also forum recommended:

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-kongiat-laorwong

The other clinic (HairTran) you mentioned? No, already red flags 🚩 Especially the usual “discount” sales nonsense. A decent ethical/clinic doesn’t give discounts during the pricing, they have a price per graft and that’s it. 
Would you be willing to travel? Sometimes to get the right Dr/Clinic it’s necessary to look further afield.

Edited by J.A.C

1 hour ago, J.A.C said:

Was DHT with Dr Pathomvanich? We have seen his results for years…

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/dr-damkerng-pathomvanich

Yes, he was one of them.

2 hours ago, J.A.C said:

I would be opting for Dr Kongkiat, the one person I have seen consistent results over the last decade or so. He’s also forum recommended:

The other clinic (HairTran) you mentioned? No, already red flags 🚩 Especially the usual “discount” sales nonsense. A decent ethical/clinic doesn’t give discounts during the pricing, they have a price per graft and that’s it. 
Would you be willing to travel? Sometimes to get the right Dr/Clinic it’s necessary to look further afield.

Yeah but like I said even DHT mentioned discount, I just don't hope it was me who prompted it. 

And I haven't considered traveling for this, since I live here and there are at least 2 recommended / experienced doctors locally. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/30/2022 at 7:40 PM, BKKGUY said:

Yes, he was one of them.

Yeah but like I said even DHT mentioned discount, I just don't hope it was me who prompted it. 

And I haven't considered traveling for this, since I live here and there are at least 2 recommended / experienced doctors locally. 

Who did you go with?

49 minutes ago, RockSteady22 said:

Who did you go with?

I have not yet done the procedure.

16 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

The irony of the clinic being called "hair tran" in bangkok lol, I would stay away 

Could you expand on why this is ironic?

5 minutes ago, BKKGUY said:

Your the irony is non-existent except in your head. And the fact that you think someone should stay away based on that fact alone is embarrassing.

I’m not the one that pointed out the irony, I merely responded to you asking what “sukh123” meant. I never said a thing about staying away from Bangkok for that or other reasons. Triggered much?

1 minute ago, John1991 said:

I’m not the one that pointed out the irony, I merely responded to you asking what “sukh123” meant. I never said a thing about staying away from Bangkok for that or other reasons. Triggered much?

Sorry, It was not supposed to be directed at you I didn’t catch the username.

Triggered, maybe. I just don’t think the name of the place has any bearing on their quality, as the other guy is suggesting.

13 hours ago, BKKGUY said:

Sorry, It was not supposed to be directed at you I didn’t catch the username.

Triggered, maybe. I just don’t think the name of the place has any bearing on their quality, as the other guy is suggesting.

Lighten up it was just some banter lol, either way, i don't know where you're from but like others have said don't let location dictate a hair transplant. Go to the reputable clinics where the doctors do the procedure and have lots of real forum posted results so you can get a real holistic idea of what the clinic offers, and not what they post on social media

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Corbyn said:

Hi BKKguy. thanks for the reply. What's your norwood scale, how many grafts do you need and how much did DHT quote you? Is this the same DHT as Dr Path's clinic? you happen to know what is the association that recognises the doctors and clinics that are legit? I wanna check if a few clinics that are on my radar are indeed legit/recognised by this association. thanks. 

NW 3 more or less. Yes Path, I only wanted to fill in the receding, not a full hairline restoration so the quote was between 900 and 1100 depending on density of my choosing. More with added on the sides. Quote was like 140k or something, again it depends on amount of grafts and which doctor you chose. I think it’s like up to 115 per graft. I don’t know about the association but DHT is legit for sure. Well, based on history online and going there.

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@BKKGUY personally I know nothing about these other clinics in BKK. However I would stick to the two recommended ones form the forum. The results I have seen here from both are excellent. Just my thoughts.

Yes I believe DHT is one of the recommended ones, along with Absolute Hair (which I also wouldn’t mind)

• Valued Contributor
9 hours ago, Corbyn said:

Hi Gatsby i would like to point out about Dr Pong from THT clinic as well. I've been following his work since 2015 but my main grievance is that almost all of his patients have this weave-like hair style 1 year after their HT. That is what bothers me the most. Please have a look and let me know what you think. 

https://www.thaihairclinic.com/hair-transplant-before-after-photos/Asian/severe-male-pattern-baldness-Norwood-6-and-7

The problem you're referring to is that the number of grafts they are able to obtain for high Norwoods is very low when compared to other high Norwood surgeons such as Dr Pittella, Dr Sethi, etc. Three thousand odd grafts will never work for a Norwood 6/7. The best they are doing is to locate these grafts to one side of the scalp to act as a comb over. There is also no temple point work, etc. You've highlighted a great point @Corbyn in that people really need to do their research before even researching a surgeon so as they know what to look out for.

Edited by Gatsby
Spell check
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 1:22 AM, Britalian said:

What about dr.path?

On 9/25/2022 at 3:02 AM, Gatsby said:

@BKKGUY personally I know nothing about these other clinics in BKK. However I would stick to the two recommended ones form the forum. The results I have seen here from both are excellent. Just my thoughts.

I appreciate and trust your thoughts.  I’m very interested in path and laorwong. They both have a shorter waiting list than other docs I been looking at and they well respected. I been looking at European ones and top turkey ones as well. I’m getting close to book with one of the Thai docs. Are they on par w those top euro and top turkey docs or should I wait to book with a top euro/turkey doc?

• Like 1