EMERGENCY!!! Clumps of hair are falling out!!

3 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

You definitely have every right to act any way you want but don't be upset with others when your actions trigger negative responses. We are trying to help you. While I agree this is sad, far worse things can happen in life. Especially since this is likely temporary. 

I'm NOT upset with anyone just with the doc. Why would I be upset with people I dont know? I jujts dont appreciate some here who troll and make light of a dark situation which I'm going through unfortunately.

It hurts when clumps of goddamn hair end up in your drain one day then see it again the next. Its a spirit killer and you really dont know how this feels since most likely (though I dont know you) you havent experienced the same thing. This isnt a game people can joke about then play it off by blaiming the person affected by it to "chill." I have EVERY right NOT to chill. I clearly agree with what youre saying. But this is something that will stick with me for a long time unless this is temporary. I'll have to see what the dermatologist says tomorrow when I visit him. All I know is this isnt fair and its not right

56 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Sound like you're about 21 now. 

Someone said this earlier and you were too enraged to get the joke so I was clarifying it for you because it went over your head. 

This was not said by me but I do agree with the person that said it. 

My point was exactly to compare mountains to molehills. Hopefully you'd realize that someone always has it worse. That's not to say that each of our issues aren't real or warrant anxiety and depression but overreacting to what is a relatively small issue in the grand scheme of things will only make things worse, since hair loss can be affected by stress as well. 

19 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@dtap

Relax, there are solutions if you can stay levelheaded. We’re not the enemy here. If you’re going to raise your testosterone, you need to be on a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, to prevent DHT conversion. My suggestion is to get on a high quality topical solution like Dr. Hassons at Xyonhealth. This would counter the effects.

I would also suggest getting a new endocrinologist. He’s prescribing Clomid which is an estrogen modulator. If you have low testosterone, the best solution would be to take testosterone weekly, or HCG. Of course, this is only after you’ve made lifestyle adjustments. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to low testosterone, including diet and sleeping patterns, and alcohol and drug consumption. I do believe this drug may be affecting behavior as well. 

But who says youre the enemy? Why arent you scolding the 2 users here who are trolling/joking? Youre a mod and hopefully a fair mod, since I really dont know. But you got to be fair with the user being trolled.

What do you mean by get a new endocrinologist? I've never seen one before in my life. The only person who prescribed clomid to me was my uro. I've never seen an endo before. But I'm seeing one tomorrow morning as I mentioned.

My suggestion is to get on a high quality topical solution like Dr. Hassons at Xyonhealth. This would counter the effects.

So is this medication like a female hormone one can use to counter the effects of the testosterone I took? I hope its not like fin which I cant take since fin can wreck my hormones.

Edited by dtap

9 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Someone said this earlier and you were too enraged to get the joke so I was clarifying it for you because it went over your head.

A troll is only brave online. Thats all I gotto say.

7 minutes ago, dtap said:

A troll is only brave online. Thats all I gotto say.

Sounds like a threat. Wouldn't be the first one by you in this thread so I guess you think you're tuff. I'm not sure what makes you think I'm trolling you but was honestly trying to calm you down but that seems too far out of reach at this point. 

Edited by JoeMan
  • Like 1

Just now, JoeMan said:

Sounds like a threat. Wouldn't be the first one by you in this thread so I guess you think you're tuff. I'm not sure what makes you think I'm trolling you but was honestly trying to calm you down but that seems to far out of reach at this point. 

Youre on permanent ignore. I wont respond to you any longer. Troll someplace else

28 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

@dtap

Relax, there are solutions if you can stay levelheaded. We’re not the enemy here. If you’re going to raise your testosterone, you need to be on a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, to prevent DHT conversion. My suggestion is to get on a high quality topical solution like Dr. Hassons at Xyonhealth. This would counter the effects.

So I went to the site, 'https://www.xyonhealth.com/' that I think you suggested and filled out a form for VIP access. Then a popup said they'll get back to me. I dont understand. Is this med readily available? Can a doc prescribe it?

-----EDIT-----

Just now I got an email from the company. The email said the med contains 2.5% Finasteride Gel which I cant take at all since theres a risk it can disrupt my hormonal levels according to my doc. Do you have any other suggestions I can try? What do you think about taking female hormones to counteract the effects of the testosterone as a possible solution?

What do you think about topical fin? Will that have a risk of disrupting my hormones by any chance?

Edited by dtap

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, dtap said:

So I went to the site, 'https://www.xyonhealth.com/' that I think you suggested and filled out a form for VIP access. Then a popup said they'll get back to me. I dont understand. Is this med readily available? Can a doc prescribe it?

It’s a soft release until April, but yes they will mail it to you now. Tomorrow when you speak to your endocrinologist, make sure you get a full hormonal panel. I don’t think you should be taking anything unless you have chronic low testosterone. You can naturally raise your testosterone by simply changing your diet and habits. You can go from 200ng/dl to 500 ng/dl which would put you at a normal range. 

Looks like Clomid was prescribed off-label. It’s usually given to infertile women. If you have Low T I think HCG is a better option, or if it’s chronic, nothing beats testosterone cypionate. Again, some better doctors should be consulted, but regardless, it’s good to get on a DHT blocker to help your hair. I don’t know your personal reasons for seeing a doctor whether its ED related or infertility related, so I can’t comment. But definitely talk to some better doctors, that’s my advice.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Last thing I'll say...

If you think I'm just trolling you then you need to look in the mirror. When you have conflict or judgment by several people(which you do), it shows that maybe you are the person with a problem. 

As far as medical advice goes, you really should seek the help of an experienced Dr. If you can't take Finasteride then a Dr should be consulted. Messing with hormones is not something to take lightly and I personally would want an experienced Dr in this field. Advice on here is just that and can't be a substitute for a Dr in this situation. 

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You can naturally raise your testosterone by simply changing your diet and habits. You can go from 200ng/dl to 500 ng/dl which would put you at a normal range.

Yeah I've tried doing that by eating lots of meats, eggs and milk along with working out but it helps marginally.

Looks like Clomid was prescribed off-label. It’s usually given to infertile women. If you have Low T I think HCG is a better option, or if it’s chronic, nothing beats testosterone cypionate.  it’s good to get on a DHT blocker to help your hair.

Yes it was prescribed off label. You mention testosterone cypionate. Will this increase T levels but not give the side effects I am complaining about?

Again, as I mentioned a few times before, I can't take fin. This is why I asked you about how safe is topical fin if that wont mess with my hormones since its topical.

Btw did you get my message? I reported to you someone who keeps harassing me nonstop here. Hope you got the message. Thanks man.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks like Clomid was prescribed off-label. It’s usually given to infertile women. If you have Low T I think HCG is a better option, or if it’s chronic, nothing beats testosterone cypionate.

Hey I know youre busy with your day to day. When you have the time, would you comment on your suggestion of testosterone cypionate and HCG? Do they have the same side effects as clomid? Have you taken it or know someone who has?

Edited by dtap

• Administrators

I haven’t taken it myself, but it’s a viable TRT treatment. Im gonna be locking this thread. Too many reports and I just don’t have the time to babysit. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.