Dark hair? Natural?

I recently scheduled my second HT (13 years later) and on the call to set up the date, the surgeon's office asked "You have dark hair right?  You don't dye it do you?"

Any idea why they'd ask that?  It's a FUT procedure.  Just wondering about the relevance.

Edited by BJ47

• Moderators

There are a few possible reasons. Every clinic will be different. It all depends on what the Dr and staff are more comfortable working with. For example if your hair is gray, but you dye it then they may ask you to dye it the night before the procedure, so when they buzz it down it will still be dark which is easier to work with and see on your scalp. If it hasn't been dyed in a week or more then when they buzz it down the grafts will be all gray and they may not want that. That's just one possibility.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.