10 years post 2 3k FUE

uk005801

Hi guys 

I  wanted to share my hair loss story, one to get involved in the community but two, to potentially help others with theirs.

i am now 37. I started to loose my hair from probably 22 my dad was completely bald on top by 34. I wasn’t taking any meds (probably a mistake) at the time.

by 27 I took the plunge and had 3k grafts into the hairline and front area. Followed a year later with another 3k in the other areas. You can see the placements of the second opp in my pics. I don’t have the first opp ones to hand hit will try dig them out. I was advised to take fin which I did for a bit but panicked a bit when I thought I had some sides and stopped. 

you can see from my pre opp situation I had lost almost all the front and was losing hair rapidly. So I know that probably by the time I turned thirty I would have lost most and by 35 all of it as I was following my dads loss to the letter.

not being on meds I would say everything I have on my head now is transplanted hair. I was very aware of the fact realistically i would never get a full head of hair from this but a good illusion if styled right, the layering effect etc. so part of the reason for posting is to show you what it looks like now ten years post opp as I am about to undergo a third opp (well I hd once cancelled on Monday with the same clinic as the dr has changed and technicians who did my opp before were switched last minute, so I lost confidence and cancelled)

My donor is still pretty strong especially grown out. I am now trying to book consultations in order to have this final transplant into the crown and a little to amend the hair line. I’m hoping for 1500-2000 grafts.

anyway take a look let me know what you think and what you think of my donor. I don’t need to shave short so I don’t mind a thinner donor tbh. 

im not saying this was the best transplant but bare in mind all my ore opp hair ten years ago is likely not there now (you can see my pic from 6 months post second opp much more hair) BUT I think I have a pretty good result. 

I plan  to have this final procedure (which I know won’t fill the crown likely with grafts available) then have some smp to add density to everywhere including maybe the donor in case I want to buzz down. Sometimes I buzz the donor now to 9mm (no3) with no issue.

it’s worth noting I have very fine hair not lovely thick hair some are blessed with! Anyway hope this helps especially with long term expectations etc. I won’t name the clinic as as I have found out the staff changes means they are not who I had previously so can’t safely recommend them now.

before any treatment 10 years ago aged 270FFF31AA-E8CF-4C14-8B0F-60F4CBBD75CF.thumb.jpeg.460385a0464240515b4d2df3826cc167.jpeg

Immediately post second opp 3k allot of area covered there D017EC0D-BB84-44B0-8155-11A8B0ED04D1.thumb.jpeg.33549ce40324d9925a722ed4a4c648ff.jpeg

Donor post second opp. Now pics coming up 

FE23837C-82CA-41CD-8E19-4875F61C5C98.thumb.jpeg.7cf76bbee98e9983e1163d436cbb1f50.jpeg

• Like 1

This was 6 months post second opp crown so you can see I continued to lose hair leaving me what I have now. Crown placement from memory was low density which I guess is what I’m left with as there was a big area covered.

to be clear the below is 9 years ago but just so you can see the transplant was successful 

A443619A-6340-4AC6-9B14-DA191197867B.thumb.jpeg.fd2b1fb89472c445c451ad568261c5a0.jpeg5AD3E1E7-D49B-4D1E-B63E-85215ACD35B7.thumb.jpeg.315e472762b034abbee5aabb401d681f.jpeg

1 hour ago, Z-- said:

Donor looks good man. I'm sure you can get full coverage with the remaining grafts. Good luck!

Thanks mate it’s good to get another eye on it that isn’t me that looks at it every single day! Ha currently waiting on a a few consultations so hopefully they will be happy to treat me as I can’t see that many examples over 6k grafts (that aren’t used as bad examples anyway)