Dr prescribed minoxidil and not finasteride

Fred88

I had a HT about two months ago; 6000 grafts in frontal and vertex. My surgeon prescribed using minoxidil but when I asked about continuation of finasteride he said it wont be needed in my case as as my genetic baldness is somehow stabilized, they discarded existing miniaturized hair when transplanting; hence there would be no need to take fin anymore; I have still some doubts about this; what do you guys think? I have been using fin about 10 years before (33 yo)

1 minute ago, Fred88 said:

I had a HT about two months ago; 6000 grafts in frontal and vertex. My surgeon prescribed using minoxidil but when I asked about continuation of finasteride he said it wont be needed in my case as as my genetic baldness is somehow stabilized, they discarded existing miniaturized hair when transplanting; hence there would be no need to take fin anymore; I have still some doubts about this; what do you guys think? I have been using fin about 10 years before (33 yo)

Who was the Dr/Clinic ? Definitely consider restarting Fin, if you was on it for 10 years of course your hair would have stabilised. It would be a shame to start losing ground with your native hair after being consistent with taking Fin for so long. 

16 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

Who was the Dr/Clinic ? Definitely consider restarting Fin, if you was on it for 10 years of course your hair would have stabilised. It would be a shame to start losing ground with your native hair after being consistent with taking Fin for so long. 

here is my dr: 

well, the fact is that fin only helps with the existing thin hairs, but what if they have transplanted on top of those thinning hairs? then logically there would be no need to fin anymore. i will stay on Minoxidil however 

Just now, Fred88 said:

here is my dr: https://ishrs.org/doctor/49714/

well, the fact is that fin only helps with the existing thin hairs, but what if they have transplanted on top of those thinning hairs? then logically there would be no need to fin anymore. i will stay on Minoxidil however 

Fin will help your native hair from any further loss, not just the thin hairs but also others that will fall to MPB. If you were losing hair before starting it then it will continue if you stay off it. 

• Like 1