Dandruff and scalps problem

Hello guys,

I am 15 days post surgery and i am experiencing some dandruff on the the transplanted area. I have using anti dandruff shampoo since last three days and i think the dandruff will go after a couple of more days of anti dandruff shampoo. My question is.. Is it okay to use anti dandruff shampoo on the transplanted hair ...??

My second problem is that my scalps are coming out and with many of the scalps, comes out the transplanted hair. I think its coming out with the root although i am not very sure about it .. Has some one experienced such shedding ?? Is it normal.. I mean i know the transplanted hair are bound to fall in the doldrum stage, which i am in, but transplanted hairs coming out along with scalps is worrying me a little..

Thanks,

Javy.

Done done.. Check out my blog..

2785 grafts by Dr. Humayun Mohammad

My Hair Loss WebLog

Hello guys,

I am 15 days post surgery and i am experiencing some dandruff on the the transplanted area. I have using anti dandruff shampoo since last three days and i think the dandruff will go after a couple of more days of anti dandruff shampoo. My question is.. Is it okay to use anti dandruff shampoo on the transplanted hair ...??

My second problem is that my scalps are coming out and with many of the scalps, comes out the transplanted hair. I think its coming out with the root although i am not very sure about it .. Has some one experienced such shedding ?? Is it normal.. I mean i know the transplanted hair are bound to fall in the doldrum stage, which i am in, but transplanted hairs coming out along with scalps is worrying me a little..

Thanks,

Javy.

My Hair Loss WebLog

Javy,

It depends on the severity of the dandruff, but even Head and Shoulders shampoo should help with this. You can use any shampoo you want on transplanted hair, just like regular hair. Just don't use anything medicated for the first month to avoid scalp irritation.

Best wishes,

Bill

Javy --

Be careful and go easy on the Nizoral. I think Spex has a great post somewhere about how it can actually aggravate things even more in some cases. I have had similar issues since my transplant (dry and flaking scalp) and I do think it is important to find a way to control it. Jotronic actually had a temporary thinning due to dandruff last summer.

Hey guys thank for your reply.. Well i am using nizaral 2 % (ketoconazole IP 2% w/v) and i have also mailed my surgeon about my problem. I think i will hear from him soon. I would also like to know whats your take on this..

And my transplanted hairs are coming out along with the scalps and i think its coming out along with the root although my close inspection doesn't suggest that its coming out with the roots.. What do you think guys.. Does the transplanted hairs comes out with the scalp and looks like they have oozed out from the scalp because this is freaking me out a little ..

Thanks,

Regards,

Javy.

My Hair Loss WebLog

Agreed. I don't think you need to worry at 15 days either. Also, I think bleeding is really what's associated with graft loss.

It's very normal to obsess a little at this point. You've made the decision, gone through with the surgery, and you are understandably a bit anxious about having a good result. I can tell you from experience though, you have a very long road ahead of you. Try to take your mind off of it as much as possible now. Take care and good luck.

I was advised not to use a shampoo containing alcohol for the first month, which in my case means only using baby shampoo, I was told by my doctor to avoid standing directly under the shower head for the first 7 days, also I was advised if any itching or flaking occurred to contact the doctor, has your doctor advised you as to what to do yet?