Now it itches

Hello,

I am new here and this past Tuesday the 23rd. I had an HT done in Miami with Dr. Epstein.

I am in Erie, PA and been looking into this for a couple years I am 45. Trust me I was getting thin and then thinner and needed to do some thing.

Sure I had found Doctors who are closer.

Pittsburgh, New York, Akron. but my research drew me to Epstein.

I was nervous and cancelled earlier this year, I saw video of myself at my daughters wedding and said damn it I am looking like my dad. That did it for me.

So my question is, I am using the graftcyte spray but from time to time the grafts get itchy, what can I do?

Thank You

Hello,

I am new here and this past Tuesday the 23rd. I had an HT done in Miami with Dr. Epstein.

I am in Erie, PA and been looking into this for a couple years I am 45. Trust me I was getting thin and then thinner and needed to do some thing.

Sure I had found Doctors who are closer.

Pittsburgh, New York, Akron. but my research drew me to Epstein.

I was nervous and cancelled earlier this year, I saw video of myself at my daughters wedding and said damn it I am looking like my dad. That did it for me.

So my question is, I am using the graftcyte spray but from time to time the grafts get itchy, what can I do?

Thank You

This is pretty normal, even if it is a great pain. Keep them moist. Use a little spray bottle and fill it with water. Spray the grafts when they start to itch and regularly even when they don't. Once every hour or two when you can. A light mist should do it; you shouldn't have to soak the area.

Hope this helps,

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

No swelling, in fact it did not even get pink or red like I see in other photo's. Just every now and then it gets suddenly itchy, probably a sign of healing.

My donor area is also pretty good, every now and then it bothers me at the ends.

The tuff part now is waiting to see what happens.

Is it true that some grafts do not fall out and continue to grow?

Thanks

Wantitback,

Yes, it is true that some transplanted hairs (not whole grafts) will not fall out and just grow. They will most likely be a little coarse and wiry at first, but by the time you cut your hair one or two times, this should dissipate to the point where it is not so noticeable.

Most of mine fell out in week 3, though.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

GraftCyte keep the itching down to a min-- my case actually prevented itching. Also, keep the area moist-- even if you have to carry a spray bottle of water with you-- itching starts with dryness. After 4 weeks, you can use Nazarol shampoo.

I found a graft in the tub.

It is Saturday morning, HT done this past Tuesday afternoon. I was told how to wash my hair, not that hard. I wash it separate from my shower, I bend over the tub.

When I clean the top where the grafts are I put shampoo in a travel mug with the cap on and shake it and use the suds that the shampoo makes. I leave it on (not rubbing) for a couple minutes and then pour warm water over the grafts to rinse off the shampoo.

Is this normal to lose one or a few. It was not just the hair it was the graft a 4 bagger. Even before the HT I did think about once or twice that not every one will take.

I also spray the graftcyte every hour if not more.

Thanks

Ron

Yes, loosing some scabs is normal and even if the scabs have "hair" attached it is OK because the hair bulb is in your scalp and will be dormant for 2-3 months before starting to grow. Sounds like your shampooing correctly, I would recommend not bending over to wash your head do to blood flow and possible hitting it on something--- Just do it in the shower with a cup like your doing but dont let the shower head hit the receipient site-- donor site is OK.

One final tip, you should use GraftCyte every 30 min (2x an hr) not once an hour-- this should help. Even sleep with the bottle and when you are semi awake during the night just spray your head in bed. Best of luck and your going to be feeling a lot better in a couple of weeks.