Taking Hydroxycut after a transplant

• 4 weeks later...

I believe Hydroxycut is used as a fat burner.

In my country, some of the girls are using it to help get into shape for Carnival, (a pre-Lent Roman Catholic festival). You need to exercise when taking it or run the risk of heart palpitations.

Whether Hydroxycut targets collagen in the torso, leg, buttock areas, or throughout the body, including the underlying fatty tissue beneath the scalp, I do not know.

You should consult Dr. Keene.

take care...

Heading down to carnival next month. Should be ridiculous.

Old-school hydroxycut with ephedra or the new (legal) stuff that is just caffeine or some other legal stimulant? I'm obviously no doctor but I doubt the new Hydroxycut would be of any harm whatsoever to newly transplanted hair.

However I strongly believe that Ripped Fuel (which was the equivalent/competitor of Hydroxycut about 6-8 years ago) with epedra was one of the causes of my hair thinning at an early age. I used to take it to get a boost pre-workout and to help me run longer. It did help but it came with consequence (so I think). I believe ephedra, which is more or less an amphetamine, has been correlated with hair loss. Though as PSYCH 101 would teach, correlation doesn't prove causation.

So as long as your hydroxycut doesn't contain ephedra, I don't think you have much to worry about. The stuff they sell nowadays is just like a strong shot of espresso.

Mr. Kneed,

Whether it it is harmful or not (which I doubt it is), why would you even want to take it? That stuff is crap. If you want to burn fat, get your diet tight and do some resistance training. If you want to spend your money on supplements, stick to Multi Vitamins, Whey Protein and maybe some fish oil. Do not waste your money on fat burning supplements.