Oily Scalp after HT?

Anyone else experience an oily scalp or wet scalp around day 4-5 of post-op care? My donor area is in more pain than normal as well, but I don’t see any signs of infection just yet. I’m paying close attention and will call my Dr if the symptoms persist beyond tomorrow, however, I was curious as to if anyone has experienced the “wet” scalp around this time. 

• 3 weeks later...

Coverdale,

It’s not unusual to experience an “Wet“ during the hair transplant surgery healing process.  Everybody and so is every procedure. So if your experience this time around is different from that of your last procedure, I wouldn’t be worried or surprised.  Now, if you started to experience an infection or a lot of pain , I would recommend consulting your hair transplant surgeon immediately.   Otherwise, just be sure to follow your doctor’s postoperative Instructions and in 3 to 5 months, you’ll start experiencing signs of new growth.  12 to 18 months out from the day of your procedure, your results will be fully grown/mature.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.