Concord Hair Restoration Experience

• 4 months later...
  • Administrators

@TwainHughes

Has asked I remove his initial response, I’m notifying the community for full transparency. 

• Confused 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thought you guys were big on freedom of speech in America! 

Everyone has the right to describe what happened to them and express their opinion on that.

Disgusting for the clinic to be threatening people to try and silence them speaking out. Along with what patients are posting here seems a very bad look for the clinic, would avoid this one.

Edited by New_Barnet_Please
  • Like 1

Nah, I'm not being bullied or silenced. It's nothing like that at all. I just want to be thorough and accurate in my terms. From a consumer/patient perspective, I didn't think navigating all these titles would be so difficult. Clinics and medical agencies use the word technician in different ways. Perhaps I was naive to assume that a doctor would have a more direct role in the procedure. I've been told contradictory things about what parts of hair restoration can be delegated to nurses (and/or technicians) and what parts should be done by a physician. It's all been a very confusing experience, which is why, as others have said on this thread, be really diligent with your clinic about who is doing precisely what so you can make an informed decision about where you want to go.

Edited by TwainHughes

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, TwainHughes said:

Nah, I'm not being bullied or silenced. I just want to be thorough and accurate in my terms. From a consumer/patient perspective, I didn't think navigating all these titles would be so difficult. Clinics and medical agencies use the word technician in different ways. Perhaps I was naive to assume that a doctor would have a more direct role in the procedure. I've been told contradictory things about what parts of hair restoration can be delegated to nurses (and/or technicians) and what parts should be done by a physician. It's all been a very confusing experience, which is why, as others have said on this thread, be really diligent with your clinic about who is doing precisely what so you can make an informed decision about where you want to go.

If you had the surgery in California, it’s illegal for technicians to score skin. Can they get around it? Yes, does it happen? Yes. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I have confirmed that they were registered nurses. However, the word technician, as I remember, was also used initially. "Neografter" is another title I've seen in my records. Again, these titles seem to be used in different ways. Perhaps some technicians are nurses some are something else? Can nurses do the procedure? 

Edited by TwainHughes

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, TwainHughes said:

I have confirmed that they were registered nurses who did the lion's share of the work. However, the word technician, as I remember, was also used initially. "Neografter" is another title I've seen in my records. Again, these titles seem to be used in different ways. Perhaps some technicians are nurses some are something else? Can nurses do the procedure? 

It depends on their title, nurses are medically trained. Technicians are not, there’s a difference. Technically, a nurse practitioner can write prescriptions. So they definitely can score skin. 

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, TwainHughes said:

They were nurses. I know that. This is why I asked to remove the initial thread. Im trying to be diligent with these terms. 

It can be tricky, I do believe there’s a significant difference between RN’s and technicians in terms of what’s legal. 

View my thread