I might still be in time to make the right choice!? Booked at HoI for procedure on 25th.. what to do?

Good evening HRN community! I booked over 3 months ago at HoI, I’d seen them ages ago on IG and its always seemed very legit in terms of their posts and results. I haven’t even been thinking about the HT at all, and today, the night before flying to Turkey, I found this community. 

Since there are a lot of people with experience that can help… am I doing the wrong call by going to HoI. I mean I could still cancel on them and not go.. as I have not paid anything. Please let me know if anyone has had a good/bad experience at HoI (Hair of Istanbul) in Turkey. 

thanks!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, LMP33 said:

Good evening HRN community! I booked over 3 months ago at HoI, I’d seen them ages ago on IG and its always seemed very legit in terms of their posts and results. I haven’t even been thinking about the HT at all, and today, the night before flying to Turkey, I found this community. 

Since there are a lot of people with experience that can help… am I doing the wrong call by going to HoI. I mean I could still cancel on them and not go.. as I have not paid anything. Please let me know if anyone has had a good/bad experience at HoI (Hair of Istanbul) in Turkey. 

thanks!

Cancel now. HOI and Asli Tarcan are particularly awful hair mills ! We have had some awful results posted here. 

• Like 3

Insta/Yelp/trustpilot/FB/Reddit are not to be relied upon. You want/need to see real world results posted by actual patients, full 12 month journeys. You will find a lot on HOI if you use the search function. You can do so much better, we can help ! Don’t risk your scalp here. Repair jobs are very common after HOI. They can ruin/decimate your donor area, over harvesting is rife, multi grafts in the hairline, poor angles, poor growth, poor yield. I could go on. Choosing a tech team/hair mill is never the way to go. 

• Like 1

Cancel for sure! You don't want to be posting asking how you can get repaired next. Start over and this time get consultations from recommend Drs. This forum is a great resource and can help you find better options in your price range. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LMP33 said:

Better late than never… ive read Dr Ciniks clinic is good and texted them. 

thoughts on them?

No,no no …. Cinik is a hair mill.. If your looking at Turkey in particular you need to avoid these places. 
In Turkey you should only be considering Dr Bicer, Dr Keser, Dr Demirsoy, Dr Yaman, Dr Turan/Dr Gur + HLC. That’s literally the only ones that we can be recommending here. You need a Dr involvement and one or few patients only per day. From all those I have just listed you can find someone to suit all needs/budget. 

• Like 1

Damn im all over the place right now. 

well im flying tomorrow and staying there for 10 days. If I have to make a tour around the clinics and not get anything done I’ll do that. 

29yo. Pics are here

what are your experiences in HT world

EA71B8BC-C4DE-47D5-9EFC-0149DD60190E.jpeg

AF877EE3-16FB-4738-8D82-722817ECA14C.jpeg

3908751E-358E-4FF5-AE54-3399B9A04061.jpeg

F5A785CC-7753-40DE-9A9F-900417A29028.jpeg

C03CDCCE-E1D4-4185-9D04-CC4056676815.jpeg

• Like 1

I would highly recommend that you just make a vacation out of this trip. I'm sure it's hard because you want your HT but the risk is not worth it. Repairs can be very costly and besides the cost, you might be too ashamed to show your head to anyone. 

Maybe reach out to Dr. Biçer and see if they can at least squeeze you in for a consultation? Possibly a cancelation takes place. 

By all means contact all the Drs/Clinics i have mentioned, you may get availability. But if not then keep researching, never any rush to get this done. You nearly made a very poor choice. Depending on your budget I would also be considering European options, some of the best In the world are in Spain/Belgium/Portugal.

I have been here for about 12 years, and had 5 hts. So many of us make a poor choice for our first ht. We might have just saved you from doing the same. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

You should also give Fin/Minox a consideration, talk to your Dr/Gp or it’s also possible a clinic may request you try Fin before a hair transplant. You have a LOT of hair to save ! 
Where do you live ? 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 1

Well you’ll both laugh but HoI quoted 6k USD for the HT

Why is Europe any better than Turkey, I always thought the best were there. 

Im disappointed that it seems like im not going to get my HT soon. But relieved that I took the right choice. Better safe than sorry I guess. 

Ive got a close friend that started doing HT a year ago and is at Svenson in Spain. 

Where are you from? 

@JC71 do you know how to tag Dr. Biçer or Ozlem I think is her manager. Maybe they'll see this and at least allow a consultation to his trip isn't a waste. 

At least you're making the right decision it seems. 

How many grafts for 6k?

Yeah I did minox and fin when I was like 21 then had some random sawpalmeto pills when I was 23 to 25. But I gave up on all that. I really dont want to take any pills because im so bad at keeping track of those things. Constantly travelling and sleeping out. And minox is just a greasy spray that I hated! I really want to do a HT and id be ready to do 2 procedures within a given period of time to achieve good results. 

EFA3B622-E7F2-462A-958A-A3E481221256.jpeg

C828A15C-ACDF-4412-9243-AE3D10E2196D.jpeg

Your hair actually looks pretty good, with a decent medical regime you might even be able to improve it a bit.

I had a friend go to HOI for a transplant and he turned out fine, so I also did a consultation with them first before any other clinics.

They quoted me based on reccomending 6,000 grafts. Since researching and using this forum I've consulted with 3 other clinics, all of which have  recommended and quoted me on 3,000-3200 grafts. If I went with HOI they would have destroyed my donor due to over extraction and left me with nothing for any future required procedures. Very glad I chose to do some other research. Obviously I'm no longer considering them as an option.

Edited by Viney
  • Like 1

Just now, LMP33 said:

Well you’ll both laugh but HoI quoted 6k USD for the HT

Why is Europe any better than Turkey, I always thought the best were there. 

Im disappointed that it seems like im not going to get my HT soon. But relieved that I took the right choice. Better safe than sorry I guess. 

Ive got a close friend that started doing HT a year ago and is at Svenson in Spain. 

It’s like a urban myth that Turkey is the best… it’s just not true. Some of the worlds most elite are in Europe. 
Dr Pinto + Dr Ferreira for Portugal, Dr Bisanga, Dr Mwamba, Dr Lapunzula + Dr Feriduni for Belgium, Dr Freitas, Dr Couto, Dr Lorenzo +  Dr Vila for Spain !