FUE PRICING

I was wondering if someone (preferably a physician) can explain a little as to why FUE is so expensive compared to strip. Its a newer procedure with a yield which doesnt appear to be as high as that of strip yet more is charged for FUE. I have read about FUE being more labor intensive than strip for the physician but, for instance, a new tool is introduced by Dr. Feller which would appear to make FUE less time-consuming (for his clinic at least) but it appears that prices will remain same there. All comments are welcome.

I was wondering if someone (preferably a physician) can explain a little as to why FUE is so expensive compared to strip. Its a newer procedure with a yield which doesnt appear to be as high as that of strip yet more is charged for FUE. I have read about FUE being more labor intensive than strip for the physician but, for instance, a new tool is introduced by Dr. Feller which would appear to make FUE less time-consuming (for his clinic at least) but it appears that prices will remain same there. All comments are welcome.

N-6,

The answer is pretty simple. It takes longer to perform FUE, thus, you end up with less grafts for the same cost since to some degree, you are paying for their time (even though on paper you are paying per hair).

Most clinics have lowered FUE prices over the last couple of years which of course, has made it even more attractive in recent times.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for your response Bill. I know FUE is more expensive because, as I noted my original email, it is more labor intensive.

However, I would think with the advent of Dr. Feller's new tool which increases speed of FUE procedure and makes it less labor intensive, you would expect his (and any other clinic using same) prices for FUE to drop correspondingly but as far as I know they have remained same. I dont understand why.

Also, by all accounts, FUE's yield is sub-par to FUT, yet FUE is usually double the price of FUT. This is also hard to understand.

N-6. What you need to do is compare a Fue procedure from a Top doc that offers it with the same number of grafts from a strip procedure from a top doc. Then you can compare yield. I have been saying this for years and will stick to it to this day. Since I had a horrible yield with strip 10 years ago(But I will not say strip is producing poor yield just the one who performed it in my case) Conclusion bad doc poor technique. Went a head had more grafts than my original strip procedures and had excellent yield with Fue. No matter what procedure you choose research yourself some clinics in person and compare yields with graft counts. Myself I was never to worried about speed of a procedure only in the end results. If we have to pay a little more so be it it's a cosmetic procedure and our choice to get it done as long as we have the best chance on getting the results we expect. Good luck on your research. And may I point out. I am not talking about Fue megasessions in my summary of the procedures. Just final graft counts when everything is said and done.