Back hair after transplant

I am female with strong donor area but front and temple area thinner. I am considering transplant but worried it will make then my back hair thin.  When i look at photos i dont see much difference but i imagine it feels much thinner?  No one has discussed this from what i can find.  
any comments?

• Valued Contributor

Are you able to post photos of your hair so we can provide you with more accurate advise? I would imagine that having an FUT procedure would be preferable to FUE as it will leave the surrounding donor area untouched. There are still risks such as shock loss, etc. Have you consulted with a dermatologist as to the cause of your hair loss that you have described? All the best!

7 hours ago, Rolo said:

I am female with strong donor area but front and temple area thinner. I am considering transplant but worried it will make then my back hair thin.  When i look at photos i dont see much difference but i imagine it feels much thinner?  No one has discussed this from what i can find.  
any comments?

Yeh it really depends on if you choose FUT or FUE. Unless you need huge numbers of grafts (doubtful) you shouldn’t really see too much difference with either type of procedure. If your choosing a decent/elite Dr/clinic then your donor area would be very well managed. Have you had any consultations yet ? 

Yes with dr donovan, bernstein and wesley.  But i didnt discuss the state of the hair in the back, if it will feel/look thin in a fut procedure.  With a strip missing of around 1800 grafts i would think so?

48123064-D988-4696-82B3-42FB0B1964A5.jpeg

AEE50ACC-3FFA-42B6-B0ED-34C8FBCC2344.jpeg

A5CB36CC-1637-4119-9358-FE1820A5B2E4.jpeg

C4C637EC-F41B-4611-AF82-770EC8CB77F1.jpeg

Edited by Rolo