Going to Asli Tarcan was one of the worst experiences of my life!

Icicle

The customer service and patient care is poor, they lie to you, they don’t do what you want them to do, they take as many grafts as THEY think they should and even though it’s YOUR head they will not listen to your graft count wishes.

They tried to bully me to have my picture taken for their Instagram and because I refused I received hostility which made me feel vulnerable as I was now under their mercy as to how my transplant would turn out. 

My grafts had already been extracted and they had my money now so it’s not like I could walk out at this point. 

The guy that draws your hairline tried to pressure me into accepting it. I was sat on the operating bed and this was immediately after having my grafts taken out. This was also immediately after refusing to let him video the hairline drawing process. The 4 or 5 techs who did the harvesting were waiting on me to accept the hairline so they could proceed. This is one of the most important parts of the procedure obviously so I told him I needed more time. For starters I was not happy with the hairline and I hadn’t really seen it from all angles as they had only given me one mirror and sitting on a bed with loads of people around you is not an ideal environment to assess it. 

He seemed really upset about this Instagram crap and said I can take my time to look at the hairline but he won’t be able to come back and change it as he will be with other clients. In the end I had to ask some lady who calls herself a manager to redraw the hairline which I was still not 100% happy with. They point blank refused to change it. Throughout this time I had not seen a single doctor.

The procedure went ahead and after the first day I came in for my first wash. I started to become concerned when the girl who was washing my hair started talking to one of her colleagues and she came over and was looking at my head. They continued the conversation - of which I understood no words - and then the second lady took the shower head off the first lady and started to wash my hair a bit more aggressively than the first one. I immediately asked to see my rep. 

I asked her what was wrong with my hair to which she replied ‘’nothing, you just have some sensitivity’’. I didn’t need to understand what the two ladies washing my hair were talking about to know something was wrong. I only had body language to go off which is universal. I insisted my rep told me the truth and that I would rather know if something was wrong so that we can try and fix it but she was adamant that it was just sensitivity. I had no way to prove otherwise. 

When I got back home and after I did my first wash I noticed the area they were washing hard when they were having their conversation was the one area that would not heal or scab over. It was also bleeding still after 5 days and leaking so I went to A&E and saw a doctor who confirmed I did indeed have an infection which I initially suspected. I was prescribed some antibiotics and for the next 4 weeks or so had severe anxiety as it wouldn’t heal and was getting bigger. This really affected my sleep as I would wake up 3 or 4 times during the night to see if it had gotten worse or if it had formed a scab.

During this time I was in contact with my rep who still wouldn’t admit I indeed had an infection and insisted the hairline was the best design for me.

I am 2.5 months post op and I can honestly tell you I will not need to wait a year to see my final results to say whether or not I am satisfied with the result. At this point I should be looking in the mirror at my progress every so often and being excited about the small changes but I am in consultations with other clinics plus the ones that WILL be willing to operate with what’s left of my jacked up donor tell me I need to wait a year before I can do anything about my hairline. 

Please avoid at all costs. 

Edited by Icicle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

With this clinic it seems like its entirely feasible that an hour before operating on you, the same doctor could have performed a boob job or tummy tuck. A huge red flag is going to any clinic or doctor that does not exclusively focus on hair restoration. Jack of all trades master of none. Never go to a clinic that offers a la carte hair transplants. 

I complement you that you have already accepted the loss and are proactively already looking for a repair. No point sitting around for months in agony waiting for results that won't come. 

1 minute ago, Icicle said:

They say 5500 but there is no way to possibly tell. There is no way they sat an counted every grafts they took. 

They love those big numbers as they hope enough will grow to make a difference. Usually to the detriment of the donor area. And yeh they are not separating those grafts in to groups and making a tally… when it comes to any numbers they are full of BS.

2 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

With this clinic it seems like its entirely feasible that an hour before operating on you, the same doctor could have performed a boob job or tummy tuck. A huge red flag is going to any clinic or doctor that does not exclusively focus on hair restoration. Jack of all trades master of none. Never go to a clinic that offers a la carte hair transplants. 

I complement you that you have already accepted the loss and are proactively already looking for a repair. No point sitting around for months in agony waiting for results that won't come. 

Guarantee absolutely no Dr involvement. Purely tech driven procedure throughout. 

4 minutes ago, ConnorCrosby said:

Awful to hear man and unfortunately this clinic is sending out loads of patients daily on the street. 

A failed hair transplant can have a huge impact on the quality of life. But Dr Tarcan + team don't seem to give a shit..

There is no Dr Tarcan, it’s just some woman that the clinic is named after. She comes in everyday walking around like a celebrity and being an advertisement for all the surgeries they provide. There’s so much plastic on that woman it all looks fake and she is certainly no doctor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Icicle said:

There is no Dr Tarcan, it’s just some woman that the clinic is named after. She comes in everyday walking around like a celebrity and being an advertisement for all the surgeries they provide. There’s so much plastic on that woman it all looks fake and she is certainly no doctor. 

Exactly ! They are woefully thin on any actual medial professionals. Despite the ridiculous claims they make. 

Shame is not in their vocabulary.

16 minutes ago, JC71 said:

@IcicleCheck out this thread and please let us know your thoughts:

Very accurate. They will say anything to get you on a plane and over there. I could tell the change in attitude as soon as I was off the plane and communicating via WhatsApp still with my rep. It’s as if because they knew I was there now and for a limited time they had no reason to be nice anymore as I was obviously in need of a hair transplant and had an appointment with them. Its not as if I was going to waste my time and money flying over there and not get it done from them. 

Their driver was always late, one of the days he didn’t even turn up to pick me up from the hotel. They told me he had crashed and so I should take a taxi to the clinic to get my hair washed and they would pay for it - which they did - but that’s besides the point. 

On my final day there I had anxiety that the driver would actually turn up to take me to the airport on time and that was very stressful as you imagine because if I missed my flight I woulda been screwed being stuck in another country where I don’t know anybody and with my head needing to heal I felt very vulnerable. 

Edited by Icicle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Very accurate. They will say anything to get you on a plane and over there. I could tell the change in attitude as soon as I was off the plane and communicating via WhatsApp still with my rep. It’s as if because they knew I was there now and for a limited time they had no reason to be nice anymore as I was obviously in need of a hair transplant and had an appointment with them. Its not as if I was going to waste my time and money flying over there and not get it done from them. 

Their driver was always late, one of the days he didn’t even turn up to pick me up from the hotel. They told me he had crashed and so I should take a taxi to the clinic to get my hair washed and they would pay for it - which they did - but that’s besides the point. 

On my final day there I had anxiety that the driver would actually turn up to take me to the airport on time and that was very stressful as you imagine because if I missed my flight I woulda been screwed being stuck in another country where I don’t know anybody and with my head needing to heal I felt very vulnerable. 

They are masters of manipulating the online reviews. Only here in the forum do we see a true picture of what happens in reality. Unfortunately though the marketing and online presence they have will mean they will continue on as usual. One of the most unethical places you can find. And I’m so sorry your having to go through this. 

29 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

Thanks for your complement but the thing is I WILL still sit around for months in agony because I know it’s not going to look how I want and every time I look in the mirror I’m reminded of that. I also don’t want people to see it as you know some people don’t understand this whole hair transplant thing so I don’t want to give them a reason to think I made a stupid choice. I won’t be comfortable with my head being seen until after my second operation which is scheduled for October this year.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Icicle said:

Thanks for your complement but the thing is I WILL still sit around for months in agony because I know it’s not going to look how I want and every time I look in the mirror I’m reminded of that. I also don’t want people to see it as you know some people don’t understand this whole hair transplant thing so I don’t want to give them a reason to think I made a stupid choice. I won’t be comfortable with my head being seen until after my second operation which is scheduled for October this year.

what doctor are you seeing in October?

Yea it sucks when you realize you are going to have a bad result but there is nothing you can do but sit and wait till its appropriate to repair it. 

5 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

what doctor are you seeing in October?

Yea it sucks when you realize you are going to have a bad result but there is nothing you can do but sit and wait till its appropriate to repair it. 

I haven’t picked any doctor yet but October is when I can have it done as a year would have passed. I could probably do it after 9 months but I want to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Icicle said:

I haven’t picked any doctor yet but October is when I can have it done as a year would have passed. I could probably do it after 9 months but I want to be on the safe side.

oh gotcha. For whats its worth I've had a repair surgery myself 10 months after surgery. I

That clinic is literally what you would call the hell of hair transplant industry. What's done is done! You cannot bring back the grafts wasted. The only option now is to look forward and focus on other things in life for now. Leave the head be. You've an entire year of time to do extensive research about HTs and surgeons recommended in this forum and get some consultations for a repair. Use this time wisely. Wish you all the luck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SadMan2021 said:

oh gotcha. For whats its worth I've had a repair surgery myself 10 months after surgery. I

What is it that you needed repairing and how did it go? How many grafts for your first and how many for your second procedure?

2 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

Would you mind sharing pictures? 

I’m not happy with the way it looks so I won’t be sharing any pictures until I go for a repair. I don’t even want my close friends to see me.

4 minutes ago, Drish said:

That clinic is literally what you would call the hell of hair transplant industry. What's done is done! You cannot bring back the grafts wasted. The only option now is to look forward and focus on other things in life for now. Leave the head be. You've an entire year of time to do extensive research about HTs and surgeons recommended in this forum and get some consultations for a repair. Use this time wisely. Wish you all the luck.

Thanks man.

I’m not happy with the way it looks so I won’t be sharing any pictures until I go for a repair. I don’t even want my close friends to see me.

If you cover your face, you can still remain anonymous and possibly this will help with suggestions. Also having pictures is more likely to prevent someone else from making the same mistake. 

• Like 1