Second and hopefully final transplant - what would you do?

bw77

Hello all,

I'm in the process of planning what I hope will be my second and final transplant (for at least while) and I could use some help picking a surgeon. I'm 44 years old and in 2017 I had my first transplant of 2300 grafts to restore my hairline. I'd rank my first transplant as a 7 out of 10 as my appearance has significantly improved; however, one side is noticeably weaker than the other and I can really only style my hair in one direction. If I comb my hair in the opposite direction my hair looks weaker than I'm comfortable with. 

I'd rather not mention my previous doctor at the moment, but I think the weak side is the result of a tech that might not have been as good as their counterpart. I'll never know for sure, but my weak side begins almost exactly in the middle and moves to one side leading me to believe that the lack of density is the tech's fault. During the surgery, the tech that the doctor spoke with most finished her work very quickly meanwhile the tech that worked on my weak side took a lot longer than her counterpart and seemed to become frustrated when I asked why the doctor and other tech left the room and she was still working. Anyway, I share this background because my experience with my last transplant is making it difficult to choose which surgeon to work with. 

Like many, I'd love Dr Konior to perform my second surgery to repair my hairline, reinforce my frontal third and possibly address some crown thinning but he's just too expensive for me. I like Nadimi's approach but she doesn't have enough home runs for me yet.  Right now Dr de Freitas tops my list as I feel like his hairlines are the best in the world, but I'm worried about another bad tech experience. My previous doc assurred me he had his A-Team working but it was clear to me this wasn't the case, and so I'm worried about another similar situation occurring. 

Can any former de Freitas patients tell me more about what occurs during surgery? Who performs the graft removal, who places the grafts (techs or doctor) and how much the doctor is involved? 

I really like Dr Feriduni and I feel he's the nicest doctor in the network but his hairlines are a bit too conservative and his tech reliance also bothers me. Dr Ferreira knocks it out of the park sometimes but I'd like to see more from him. Others I'm considering due to the amount of involvement I know they have are Dr Cooley and Dr Laorwong. 

de Freitas is the doc I'm leaning towards but I haven't seen that many reviews by patients and so this gives me pause, but his own reviews that he posts here are amazing.

Any thoughts or guidance the community can provie for me would be greatly appreciated. In terms of hair characteristics I'd say I have medium/fine hair and rougly 4500 grafts to play with. I have some minor crown thinning and hopes to turn my hairline from an M shape to a more natural U shape.