Scabs with hair

Hello guys, I am on the 10th day FUE post-op and today while gently rubbing my scalp some of the dried scabs fell off with hair attached to them, maybe around 100 or so. Have a look at the picture... will this hair grow back or is that a lost graft? Thanks

userimage-2586143.jpg

Once the graft has been harvested, there will be a bit of stubble. This is what is used to transport the graft to the recipient site.  From time to time that stubble continues to grow from the get-go.  7 days later the dry blood, (crust), along with the hair, will fall off.  3-4 months later the new hair will start coming in.  What you're experiencing is totally normal.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

It appears there is a blood scab and also a dried crust on your finger tip…two different things.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Andrej,

unless you picked the scab really hard and you saw blood, I highly doubt you’ve lost a graft… especially given that you are 10 days postop from your FUE hair transplant. At 10 days, the transplant hair follicles are tightly secured underneath the surface of the scalp and would require surgery to remove them.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.