Experiences of increasing oral minoxidil

CEML

Hey guys 

I’m going up from 2.5mg to 5mg oral minox after 2 years on 2.5mg I feel increased thinning again after stabilisation.

what are peoples experiences of going up to 5mg in terms of hair growth? cheers 

Hi. Idk about oral min, but after watching a vid on YT from The Hair Loss Show, in which Knudsen said that is ok to increase topical minoxidil dose I tried it. From 2ml/day to about 3ml (1.5 ml x2). After 2-3 months I had horrible chest pain. It took me few weeks until I figured out it was from the increased dose of minoxidil. I stopped using it at all for 1 week, and then for another week I used it only once a day. Now im back on 2ml/day and I have no chest pain.

On 2/1/2022 at 12:14 PM, Fabulous said:

Hi. Idk about oral min, but after watching a vid on YT from The Hair Loss Show, in which Knudsen said that is ok to increase topical minoxidil dose I tried it. From 2ml/day to about 3ml (1.5 ml x2). After 2-3 months I had horrible chest pain. It took me few weeks until I figured out it was from the increased dose of minoxidil. I stopped using it at all for 1 week, and then for another week I used it only once a day. Now im back on 2ml/day and I have no chest pain.

I just got a transplant, so if I go on oral minoxidil during the 12-16 months growing phase, can I stop or will those transplant hairs fall off?