Little wounds, healing process, is this normal?

Although I am not particularly worried about this, I put it up mostly for educational purposes. 

I am post-op day 13, and as I was washing I noticed a little red spot, so I rubbed it a bit and it ended up becoming even more red 🙈

It is a tiny dot, and only one, but I was wondering what happens to these? Was it some kind of ingrown hair?

(photos taken from 10cm away and 5mm away with a little gadget that I have)

Sorry for that level of nerd hypochondria.

close.jpg

close-2.jpg

far.jpeg

1 hour ago, yalla8 said:

Where was your HT performed?

The fact that you can't tell is a good sign I guess. Mostly on my temples, this little red dot is included in the transplanted area, although I am not entirely sure it is one of the transplanted follicles. I lowered the temples but I also added some more grafts further back, so I don't really know what happened

2 hours ago, GHTJourneya said:

The fact that you can't tell is a good sign I guess. Mostly on my temples, this little red dot is included in the transplanted area, although I am not entirely sure it is one of the transplanted follicles. I lowered the temples but I also added some more grafts further back, so I don't really know what happened

Sorry, I didn’t mean where on your scalp was it performed. I meant where in the world (at what clinic) was it performed? 

8 hours ago, yalla8 said:

Sorry, I didn’t mean where on your scalp was it performed. I meant where in the world (at what clinic) was it performed? 

At Dr. R. de Freitas, supposedly one of the best in the world, and to be honest I am extremely satisfied with how smooth it was. I think this little wound is not related to my HT, I think I rubbed my head too much around that area because I was worried there were scabs. It is likely that it was an ingrown hair or something else and I messed it up a bit 🐒

Looks like an ingrown hair to me…keep an eye on it.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY