Results from Dutasteride, Oral Minox, Spironolactone, Microneedling

Hi guys,

So MPB since I was 17 (currently 44) - Finasteride and Minox twice a day for around 20 years. Until December 2020, where I saw a realised a big problem. Massive diffuse thinning. I have had FUE on my hairline about 14 years ago, but none on my crown or vertex.

Since December 2020 I Switched to Oral Minox 5mg per day. Dutasteride 5 days a week. Spironolactone 100mg 5 days a week. Nizoral 3 x per week. Microneedling using a dermapen twice a week. Basically threw the kitchen sink at this.

The 2 pictures in the next post are from December 2020, and then this month. Both taken in my same office chair, under the same office lights.

Thanks mate - its been hard. my follicles are so prone to miniaturisation. Since 16. Such a battle. I had no choice but to try the kitchen sink approach. Im going to buzz my head down over the weekend and will take some more pictures.

I get my oral minox from alldaychemist - no customs charges when I last ordered just before Christmas.

I started with 1.25mg, then 2.5mg, and then 5mg. Increasing slowly over say 2/3 months - no side effects at the moment

Edited by lostboy182

4 hours ago, lostboy182 said:

Thanks mate - its been hard. my follicles are so prone to miniaturisation. Since 16. Such a battle. I had no choice but to try the kitchen sink approach. Im going to buzz my head down over the weekend and will take some more pictures.

I get my oral minox from alldaychemist - no customs charges when I last ordered just before Christmas.

I started with 1.25mg, then 2.5mg, and then 5mg. Increasing slowly over say 2/3 months - no side effects at the moment

I'd been looking to see about ordering Oral Minoxodil down the line, but the place i get my Dutasteride from didn't sell it. I'll give that place a look. 

100% hear you on chucking the kitchen sink but keep an eye on your BP etc. for sides from the Oral Minoxodil as you're also taking topical too. 

I personally am not using a Minoxodil treatment yet because i want to keep it in my back pocket for if things progress but i do want to start Microneedling more. What's the brand and price for the Derma Pen you're using? 

I was thinking to do 1x a week at 1.5mm maybe. 

Edited by NARMAK
Spelling

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I'd been looking to see about ordering Oral Minoxodil down the line, but the place i get my Dutasteride from didn't sell it. I'll give that place a look. 

100% hair you ob chucking the kitchen sink but keep an eye on your BP etc. for sides from the Oral Minoxodil as you're also taking topical too. 

I personally am not using a Minoxodil treatment yet because i want to keep it in my back pocket for if thinga progress but i do want to start Microneedling more. What's the brand and price for the Derma Pen you're using? 

I was thinking to do 1x a week at 1.5mm maybe. 

So I’m using a basic Dermapen from Amazon. 1.5mm on Mondays and Fridays 

A14A7B8B-DF1F-49D0-9CC0-ADC37BD9DAD7.png

Edited by lostboy182

1 hour ago, lostboy182 said:

So I’m using a basic Dermapen from Amazon. 1.5mm on Mondays and Fridays 

A14A7B8B-DF1F-49D0-9CC0-ADC37BD9DAD7.png

Thanks for replying. I'll give it a look. There's quite a few who have recommended investing in a well reviewed brand like Dr Pen or something i think it is because apparently its more consistent with the depth and longevity of the device too. With replaceable cartridges being used once in a while if you clean it with Isopropyl alcohol. 

I'll probably give this a go first. I want to try concentrate around the top crown to frontal area that i've still got to hopefully help promote blood flow and help any struggling hair in that area 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

An update. Progress is steady, and not too much to report. oral Minox - 2 x 5mg per day now. I’m buzz cutting down to a number 3 weekly. I’ve also added Theradome LLLT twice a week. 

5268EDFA-2FC0-45D5-869C-ECBDB4DDA266.jpeg

E47084AA-4A9C-4553-BEF4-4497BD27B830.jpeg

43B22E07-F19B-4CB9-B97D-3B92E37DCE23.jpeg

Edited by lostboy182
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

This is EXCELLENT result man! Well done on being so pro-active. I was wondering how much mg dutasteride you were taking?

Thanks buddy. I am using 0.5mg per day.

I also should say that all my meds (including Dutasteride) I take Monday to Friday. On the weekend I dont have anything except Oral Minox.

Thanks

3 hours ago, lostboy182 said:

No, Im taking oral Spironolactone. 100mg per day Monday to Friday. I know its quite radical.

Dang! I take a whole lot of things but spiro oral, there are topical version very easy to find.

did you get any bad side effect? 

3 hours ago, JP28 said:

Dang! I take a whole lot of things but spiro oral, there are topical version very easy to find.

did you get any bad side effect? 

A slight loss in libido is the main side effect for me. When I take breaks from this med my libido comes back to normal within a week. 

Just now, lostboy182 said:

A slight loss in libido is the main side effect for me. When I take breaks from this med my libido comes back to normal within a week. 

Hmmm imo I think you should switch to topical, the good thing is duta increases libido quit a lot so that gives you a balance I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

First I've heard of this, I though 5AR blockers tank libido?

Never did to me and been taking em for over 15 years. Duta increases libido like crazy on me, kinda makes sense since it increases testo by 15-20%.

• 2 weeks later...