Best Shampoo

What shampoo do you use? I know many say nizoral and I have used that(even though it can be kind of irritating) but more so curious on an everyday shampoo that is very effective for hair loss/regrowth/thickening but in the same is not overdue with so many irritating products, useless products, or sulfates/parabens. Thanks again

If you're looking for a shampoo that works to regrow your hair/prevent hair loss, they simply don't exist - so be mindful of that when finding hair products that promise to do this. What shampoos/products can do is help increase the volume of your hair, but that's not the same as the hair regrowing/thickening. 

As for what the "best shampoo" is, that's going to be very relative based on your specific hair type and hair needs. I've cycled through so many different shampoos and styling products over the years, so I know how overwhelming it can be to try to find the one that works best for you - especially when so many brands promise to do sooo many things for your hair that they often don't live up to. I ended up having to do trial and error to find what works for me, and even still, I have to bounce between different styling products depending on the length of my hair throughout the month. 

If you're looking for a product that will help the overall appearance of your hair and give you some volume, I would suggest checking with a stylist at a salon who could point you in the right direction. The reason being that it really comes down to A) what your hair type is, and B) what your goal is. They could even work with you on getting a haircut that's best suited for whatever's going on with your hair as well, because not every hairstyle is suitable for every hair type. 

I'm currently using Kevin Murphy products, but they tend to be a little on the pricier side. You can find similar products that are a bit cheaper, I just have a sensitive scalp and random skin allergies, so I typically have to get the more expensive ones. 

I hope that helps or points you in a direction!

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

1 hour ago, pkipling said:

If you're looking for a shampoo that works to regrow your hair/prevent hair loss, they simply don't exist - so be mindful of that when finding hair products that promise to do this. What shampoos/products can do is help increase the volume of your hair, but that's not the same as the hair regrowing/thickening. 

As for what the "best shampoo" is, that's going to be very relative based on your specific hair type and hair needs. I've cycled through so many different shampoos and styling products over the years, so I know how overwhelming it can be to try to find the one that works best for you - especially when so many brands promise to do sooo many things for your hair that they often don't live up to. I ended up having to do trial and error to find what works for me, and even still, I have to bounce between different styling products depending on the length of my hair throughout the month. 

If you're looking for a product that will help the overall appearance of your hair and give you some volume, I would suggest checking with a stylist at a salon who could point you in the right direction. The reason being that it really comes down to A) what your hair type is, and B) what your goal is. They could even work with you on getting a haircut that's best suited for whatever's going on with your hair as well, because not every hairstyle is suitable for every hair type. 

I'm currently using Kevin Murphy products, but they tend to be a little on the pricier side. You can find similar products that are a bit cheaper, I just have a sensitive scalp and random skin allergies, so I typically have to get the more expensive ones. 

I hope that helps or points you in a direction!

Oh thanks. I understand that the whole “fix your hair and thinning” doesn’t exist that is why I don’t want something loaded with 900 extracts that just end up drying everything up and is harsh. Kid of just wanted to know if there was a universally great shampoo many on this board used?

5 minutes ago, Baldingat22 said:

Oh thanks. I understand that the whole “fix your hair and thinning” doesn’t exist that is why I don’t want something loaded with 900 extracts that just end up drying everything up and is harsh. Kid of just wanted to know if there was a universally great shampoo many on this board used?

Aside from Nizoral, I don't recall any other shampoo having a strong consensus around here tbh. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2022 at 9:48 PM, Baldingat22 said:

Thank you. But nizoral is not everyday correct?

For every day, I use Costco Kirkland brand Shampoo and Tea tree shampoo alternate days, and works very well for me. Both are gentle shampoos for everyday use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/18/2022 at 4:24 PM, Calihome1 said:

What exactly does Nizoral do?

It's a shampoo that can help treat dandruff/dermatitis/etc. - which is caused by fungus/fungal infection. Sometimes, when the scalp is unhealthy or breaking out, it can cause hair loss - not in the MPB sense, but in the sense that the the scalp isn't healthy enough shape to be optimal for healthy hair/growth.