Worried about the count of hairs falling while bathing

I'm 31 days post surgery and I'm continuously noticing many hairs sticking on to hand daily while washing head.

I have taken pictures of hairs that I collected today while washing head.

Is this number of hairs falling ok or is there any thing wrong

IMG_20220107_184427.jpg

IMG_20220107_184407.jpg

You can have between 50-150 hairs fall a day. Since you don't always wash or touch your hair everyday, in a wash when looking for them, you might sometimes notice more than usual because whilst washing the loose hair that's already fallen but not untangled from the dry hair also falls. 

Looks perfectly normal shedding amount to me tbh. Don't overthink it. Stressing causes hair loss too. 

Nothing wrong, you seem to be worrying a lot about the normal stages after a hair transplant I’m not sure what post op instructions your clinic gave you, or if they gave you a idea of the process ? But all the worries you have are totally usual. Your hairs that are shedding are perfectly normal, and the amount is fine. All of the hairs will shed for most people, at a varying rate. It will then be at least usually 4 months (approx) before they will begin to grow back (break through the surface of the scalp) I get the worries, but I can assure you that everything is more than usual. 

Edited by JC71

how are you possibly collecting your shed hairs like this, i'm kind of amazed. like do you have a filter in your water drain or something. Also when every one of your posts starts with "i'm worried" you need to chill!

Edited by rambunctious
  • Like 1

What you are experiencing is completely normal. You are either experiencing normal hair shedding as a result of the normal hair growth cycle or the transplanted hairs are shedding which is normal approximately 4 to 6 weeks after surgery.   Im guessing it’s the latter or possibly a combination of the two.  But most if not all of the transplanted hair will shed for two weeks after hair transplant surgery and 3 to 5 months later you’ll see signs of new growth which will take up to a year to 18 months to grow and mature.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.