Haber

Coverdale

After much deliberation, I've made the decision to go with Dr. Haber in Cleveland, OH. I've scheduled my FUE procedure for February 22nd, 2022, and I was quoted at 1600 grafts (virtual appointment) at $7 per graft. I mentioned shooting up to 2000 grafts and I plan on reassessing the graft count when I go for my appointment next month. I have every intention of getting more grafts to hopefully provide a denser hairline and restoration. 

I had consults with LA FUE Clinic, Dr. Diep, Dr. Haber, and spoke with Dr. Konior through email. LA FUE Clinic was very professional and informative, however, I decided to go with a known and recommended doctor, which is why I chose a consult with Dr. Diep. Dr. Diep's office 'lost' or 'forgot' to put me on the schedule TWICE, and finally got me in for a consult after waiting longer than I was originally told. Professionalism in the office translates well to doctor expectations and professionalism, in my opinion, so I had low expectations with the consult. Dr. Diep, although kind, seemed impatient and rushed with the questions I asked. I understand that his schedule is VERY busy, and his work is allegedly among the top in the US, however, I could tell from his demeanor that he wasn't the correct fit for me (let's hope I don't choke on these words!). As I said, I understand he's very busy and perhaps it was just my own inability to accept the prior mistakes made by office staff and frustrations associated with that - that lead me to this thought process and conclusion with Dr. Diep. The consultation process and consult wasn't what I was hoping for in Dr. Diep, especially since he comes so highly regarded, so I decided to consult with Dr. Haber and Dr. Konior. Dr. Konior and I spoke over email and he was very courteous and kind in providing me with detailed prices and information regarding my potential procedure. I liked Dr. Konior, however, his prices were a bit much for me at $28,000 for 2000 grafts. Doreen and Linda with Dr. Haber's office were extremely helpful and professional and gave me everything I needed and more. I had my consult with Dr. Haber and he seemed more than competent and knowledgable, as well as patient and informative, which is why I decided to go with him. While the results provided on the internet aren't as highly visible or easy to find as Dr. Diep, I'm hopeful for this procedure. I'll give an honest update on the before, during, and after results once I have the procedure. Please wish me luck! I'm nervous and scared, yet excited. 

My biggest fear is my donor area healing correctly/being over-harvested and I'm worried about having wiry hair in the replacement area once completed. Thoughts on this? Thanks again for everything.  

Congrats on the decision. While i agree with you that it's nice to have professional, courteous, unrushed surgeon to work on me, I honestly care more about results. Also it looks like Dr. Haber doesn't strictly do hair transplants, but does general dermatology. I'm not saying that makes him a subpar hair transplant surgeon, but wouldn't you want to go to someone that limits their practice to hair transplants? Kind of like going to a general dentist that mostly does fillings and crowns, but you go to them for a root canal. Hope the best for you regardless.  

Edited by Coverdale
Re-creating OP since I'm unable to fully delete.

13 minutes ago, Coverdale said:

After much deliberation, I've made the decision to go with Dr. Haber in Cleveland, OH. I've scheduled my FUE procedure for February 22nd, 2022, and I was quoted at 1600 grafts (virtual appointment) at $7 per graft. I mentioned shooting up to 2000 grafts and I plan on reassessing the graft count when I go for my appointment next month. I have every intention of getting more grafts to hopefully provide a denser hairline and restoration. 

I had consults with LA FUE Clinic, Dr. Diep, Dr. Haber, and spoke with Dr. Konior through email. LA FUE Clinic was very professional and informative, however, I decided to go with a known and recommended doctor, which is why I chose a consult with Dr. Diep. Dr. Diep's office 'lost' or 'forgot' to put me on the schedule TWICE, and finally got me in for a consult after waiting longer than I was originally told. Professionalism in the office translates well to doctor expectations and professionalism, in my opinion, so I had low expectations with the consult. Dr. Diep, although kind, seemed impatient and rushed with the questions I asked. I understand that his schedule is VERY busy, and his work is allegedly among the top in the US, however, I could tell from his demeanor that he wasn't the correct fit for me (let's hope I don't choke on these words!). As I said, I understand he's very busy and perhaps it was just my own inability to accept the prior mistakes made by office staff and frustrations associated with that - that lead me to this thought process and conclusion with Dr. Diep. The consultation process and consult wasn't what I was hoping for in Dr. Diep, especially since he comes so highly regarded, so I decided to consult with Dr. Haber and Dr. Konior. Dr. Konior and I spoke over email and he was very courteous and kind in providing me with detailed prices and information regarding my potential procedure. I liked Dr. Konior, however, his prices were a bit much for me at $28,000 for 2000 grafts. Doreen and Linda with Dr. Haber's office were extremely helpful and professional and gave me everything I needed and more. I had my consult with Dr. Haber and he seemed more than competent and knowledgable, as well as patient and informative, which is why I decided to go with him. While the results provided on the internet aren't as highly visible or easy to find as Dr. Diep, I'm hopeful for this procedure. I'll give an honest update on the before, during, and after results once I have the procedure. Please wish me luck! I'm nervous and scared, yet excited. 

My biggest fear is my donor area healing correctly/being over-harvested and I'm worried about having wiry hair in the replacement area once completed. Thoughts on this? Thanks again for everything.  

Congrats on the decision. While i agree with you that it's nice to have professional, courteous, unrushed surgeon to work on me, I honestly care more about results. Also it looks like Dr. Haber doesn't strictly do hair transplants, but does general dermatology. I'm not saying that makes him a subpar hair transplant surgeon, but wouldn't you want to go to someone that limits their practice to hair transplants? Kind of like going to a general dentist that mostly does fillings and crowns, but you go to them for a root canal. Hope the best for you regardless.  

• Like 2