How long does the fizzly hair last?

I know people say that the fizzled weird texture of the transplanted hair is temporary, just wondering how long it generally lasts.  How long until it looked more natural for you guys?

Check out my journey here:

@Fue3361 can you share photos? The textbook answer is transplant texture can take 18 months - 2 years until it regains its "normal" appearance. However, myself and several people I've DM'd with on here have fizzy/textural differences 4+ years after surgery. 

Not saying this is the case with you, but please keep in mind that your donor area hair may naturally have a different texture than your native hairline hair. If this is the case, the transplant hair will never match the native hair (but hopefully it can still blend in well enough, you can also use conditioner and product, etc.)

In my opinion it is much more common than people talk about, to have long-term or permanent textural differences in transplant hair compared to neighboring native hair. It's just something doctors are not going to mention in the marketing material. 

Edited by SadMan2021

I'm only 4 months in, so it's pretty far from "expected result".  It doesn't show super well in any of my pictures, but they don't feel "silky" like the rest of my hair.  They feel almost like chest hair in texture, rough and hard/wiry.  

Check out my journey here:

7 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

I'm only 4 months in, so it's pretty far from "expected result".  It doesn't show super well in any of my pictures, but they don't feel "silky" like the rest of my hair.  They feel almost like chest hair in texture, rough and hard/wiry.  

I recommend argan oil or another conditioner for frizzy hair. Most frizzy hair products are marketed towards women, but hair knows no gender.