Advice on topical options

I’ve recently had a HT and was looking for advice on what topical options I have to maintain (and even regrow) what I have left.

I don’t like the idea of taking tablets, I’m much more comfortable with the idea of topical options.

finasteride seems to be the way to go but I’m concerned about side affects. What other options are out there ? I’ve noticed a lot of products likes “keeps” /“happy head” etc, any feedback on these?

Rogain? Laser? Prp? Nanoxidil? Any vitamins?

thank you

Hi. Beside finasteride, I've only experienced with Minoxidil 5% which helped me a lot in the beginning. I also take some vitamins, different brands, what I'm looking for into them is to have Cysteine and Methionine (aminoacids which improve blood circulation in the scalp), Biotin(gives a healthier, fuller look) and Zinc (block some DHT).

Fitamess,

The truth is, non-surgical treatments are much better at helping individuals retain their existing natural hair and in some cases, they might help to thicken existing thinning hair.  However, no nonsurgical hair loss solution is proven to grow hair in completely bald areas.  Frankly, minoxidil 5% and possibly topical finasteride are your best bets.  Personally, I like the Rogaine 5% foam as it helps to minimize the greasy appearance that accompanies liquid minoxidil and is seemingly more effective (proven by the studies).  It may be worth a try but remember, the only way to continue benefiting from non-surgical solutions is to continue using them.  Thus, if you decide to stop, any benefits you obtain with these treatments will vanish once you discontinue applying them.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.