Dr Arshad @ The Hair Dr, Leeds - 2,606 FUE - 13th December 2021

maxamill

Some background on myself - I’m 31 years old, who started noticing a receding hairline since I was around 24, after which I began propecia at 25. Both my brother, father and grandfather are all bald.

After years of debate and many months of planning, I finally had my FUE transplant on Monday with Dr Arshad. I’ve had various calls and FaceTimes with the clinic to discuss how it would work. And ultimately, I decided with this clinic due to the reviews, customer care and members from this forum.

A summary of my experience:

I arrived at 7am to the clinic which just outside Leeds, warmly welcomed Sommiya who offered us tea, coffee, drinks etc before running through how the day would run.

After which we saw Dr Arshad who is extremely professional but also friendly and personal. Couple things on Dr Arshad:

• He will listen to you wants and desires but we won’t go beyond what is realistic (making your hairline of a teenager). My main worry has always been density, so when I asked for an extra 500 grafts, he went into a lot of detail of how and why this wouldn’t be necessary. (I doubt many doctors would down turn an extra £1.5k!)
  • I brought my father with me, to which the Doctor spent time looking at his head and balding. Although there’s guarantee I would have been the same as my father, he did make comments and see resemblances in hair density and growth patterns. Certainly, was useful when we were designing the
  • I also paid for 2,500 and completed 2,605 which I found to be a very nice gift!
  • I found him very genuine and personal throughout the whole experience, making me feel extremely comfortable. He kept conversation flowing through the whole surgery which really helped take my mind of it all.

After some preparation, I was in the chair, ready for Dr Arshad to personally select and exactly each FUE. It felt like a very careful procedure with him being very selective of which grafts to take.

They have a radio playing music on in the background and Arshad talking about calming you the whole way. He’s very good at making conversation to ensure you don’t focus on what’s going on. The whole extraction process is completely fine, it’s just the injection which aren’t pleasant. 

Around midday we took a lunch breach, the clinic ordered me food and then the doctor begun making all the incisions which took between 1-2 hours (I can't recall exactly).

After this stage was complete around 3pm, I had two technicians working on placing each graft in my head with another technician inspecting every placement. It felt extremely thorough and seemed they were really trying for perfect placements. 

As suggested by them, I took a 3 hour cab home to London, rather than staying in Leeds for the night. And that was the best advice I've ever received. Although I woke up okay, not in much pain, it was very nice to home!

Couple general negative points:

• The injections aren’t nice but also not as bad as some people made out to be. Each one might take 5-10 seconds and I made had 20 (honestly not idea how much). Arshad took a break and stopped when he could tell it was too much.
  • It’s a very long day sitting down in funny positions. I was fine until the last couple hours where I started to feel quite restless. (The staff did offer to take break and move me around, however I was just wanted to power through).

Hopefully the above summary shows how impressed I was with the clinic! Another special thanks to the number of members here I've sent private messages to and have kindly provided details on the Clinic.

Graft Breakdown:

S= 139
1= 111
2= 34
3= 2322

Total= 2,606 grafts

Edited by maxamil99
  • Like 2

• maxamill changed the title to The Hair Dr, Leeds - 2,605 FUE - 13th December 2021
  • maxamill changed the title to The Hair Dr, Leeds - 2,606 FUE - 13th December 2021
  • maxamill changed the title to Dr Arshad @ The Hair Dr, Leeds - 2,606 FUE - 13th December 2021
  • Administrators

Healing nicely thanks for sharing. New year new hair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all!

Quick 4 week update with photos taken in front of a big window. I would say the redness looks significantly worse here than in person (due to lighting) and this becoming noticeably less red each day.  

My shed began around 14 days with the a steady loss to what you can see below. 

IMG_6712.JPG

IMG_6707.JPG

IMG_6710.JPG

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 8:59 AM, maxamill said:

Thanks all!

Quick 4 week update with photos taken in front of a big window. I would say the redness looks significantly worse here than in person (due to lighting) and this becoming noticeably less red each day.  

My shed began around 14 days with the a steady loss to what you can see below. 

IMG_6712.JPG

IMG_6707.JPG

IMG_6710.JPG

Your looking on track, here's me at 3 weeks. Second pic is 3 month stage. 

9BCF8DB1-8E46-41B3-8FFC-5DBE60F91935.thumb.JPG.00dfeaa39cf27dd4cc7aea5a97bd0ced.JPG

IMG_3400.jpg

13 minutes ago, Jon Goodall said:

Your looking on track, here's me at 3 weeks. Second pic is 3 month stage. 

Thanks mate, always helpful to see successful results whilst I'm in the ugly duckling phase!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, maxamill said:

Thanks mate, always helpful to see successful results whilst I'm in the ugly duckling phase!

Pleasure bud, I'm at a crucial stage moving on toward month 9-12 where it's supposed to get much thicker, but only time will tell. Enjoy your weekend.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jon Goodall said:

Pleasure bud, I'm at a crucial stage moving on toward month 9-12 where it's supposed to get much thicker, but only time will tell. Enjoy your weekend.

Have you got any pics Jon?  I’m at 7 months myself. 

4 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

Have you got any pics Jon?  I’m at 7 months myself. 

Yes mate here's the recent ones I posted earlier this week at bang on month 8. It's still gotta thicken out more but is really coming on now. I think i'm on par with most people at month 8 hopefully.

That first crown pick is slightly older but with really harsh lighting. The last one is 2 mins ago. 

9DC60341-8ED1-4530-A1FE-1133AF74FEC2.JPG

33E562CF-CF75-440F-AA31-45F14DFEB0D1.JPG

58B5A17F-FD20-432F-8A11-1415A6C157AF.JPG

AF70231F-6C9E-448F-A531-31C5E7DCF812.JPG

IMG_4204.jpg

46 minutes ago, Jon Goodall said:

Yes mate here's the recent ones I posted earlier this week at bang on month 8. It's still gotta thicken out more but is really coming on now. I think i'm on par with most people at month 8 hopefully.

That first crown pick is slightly older but with really harsh lighting. The last one is 2 mins ago. 

9DC60341-8ED1-4530-A1FE-1133AF74FEC2.JPG

33E562CF-CF75-440F-AA31-45F14DFEB0D1.JPG

58B5A17F-FD20-432F-8A11-1415A6C157AF.JPG

AF70231F-6C9E-448F-A531-31C5E7DCF812.JPG

IMG_4204.jpg

That’s looks really good mate. Mine certainly isn’t that far along. 

13 minutes ago, Marko7t4 said:

That’s looks really good mate. Mine certainly isn’t that far along. 

We’ll stay positive, it’ll get there.  I have been taking finasteride for 7 months now which I think has helped things along but I’m not sure.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looks like you're starting to turn the corner 👏 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 hours ago, maxamill said:

Just over 10 weeks and see some huge growth. One side is better than the other but I know that’s completely normal at this stage.

E8BCB377-3245-4D40-A239-1D2341A32944.jpeg

Are you doing anything to cause the earlier growth of grafts? I’ve seen on some threads people doing dermarolling etc don’t know if that can help? My grafts started come through much later around 5/6 months.