What happens in 15 years?

On 10/3/2021 at 1:39 PM, BLE123 said:

That's surprising, your hair doesn't look bad from those pics.

Is it the thickness of the hair that's the issue or just not enough of it? Do you have a pic of the donor?

Hey, dr said it’s a combination of both: diffuse thinning hair everywhere including the donor area, and my natural hair consistency which if fine by its own nature. A couple of pics from the back, not the clearest I know!

7613E8C6-045B-485A-85A4-A77F671E538E.jpeg

62AB3D4A-514E-4D72-8013-63E90B5A0DB6.jpeg

6039FFAD-8111-4BCA-9F72-B779F8552A66.jpeg

3FD29836-002E-49F2-9834-A972B7D1B0BB.jpeg

07281FAE-A50D-46DB-91C4-0A5BEC2B5243.jpeg

On 10/3/2021 at 12:18 PM, Gatsby said:

@Faxanadufor a first post that is an excellent question! 👍 It’s also a question that so many 18-24 year old guys who believe that getting a hair transplant will solve all their problems never ask. 

Thank you - you’re too kind! Didn’t want to end up with a random line of fluffy hair in the front and a totally bald head of hair behind it!! Not a great look :/

• Like 1

Your hair looks good to me, I would not get a transplant at this time.

I also don't think you are not a candidate, you would just need to go to a doctor who specializes in DUPA cases, although I don't think you even necessarily have DUPA. I think you just have fine hair of a thinner caliber with slightly less natural density overall.

Let's take a look at the positives here:

- You have great amount of hair for someone who is 40 years old. I believe that it's getting hard to style and that weather conditions make it look awful sometimes but there's always a good old hair spray that can save the day.

- Even though you haven't posted before it's clearly obvious that you have studied this field to some degree. You have chosen one of the best out there and you didn't rush into it before taking any kind of medications. That doesn't happen by chance.

- If you still insist on hair transplant or if it becomes more viable option after consumption of oral minoxidil there are other doctors in the field who are specialized in harder cases, dr. Jose Lorenzo is definitely one of them. But, don't get me wrong, dr. Bisanga deserves all the credit that he receives, he's undoubtedly on the top of the food chain.

- As Melvin mentioned there is always that possibility that some other therapy proves to be jackpot in terms of hair maintenance or regrowth (dutasteride can always be considered, if it affects your body to the point that it's messing up with your everyday life you can always decide to let it go).

- If the hair loss bothers you so much that you are spending too much time in front of the mirror or you don't feel satisfaction for any other reason whatsoever you can try to shave it. Shaved head would certainly make you feel liberated, at least at the start. SMP can always add that extra touch to the look and make you feel more happy with yourself.

I strongly advise anyone to stay positive and patient, no matter how hard their current situation is. Just imagine sometimes how much harder it is for some people in comparison to you. There are people without limbs, people suffering from all kinds of incurable diseases, they have it much worse but they still persevere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is not DUPA, as I stated earlier and both doctors confirmed in their microscopic examination, it is a case of generalized thinning throughout the scalp including the donor.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your hair looks great, I would consider dutasteride with mesotherapy. 

Hey - thanks so much for your reply and for the time and effort you put in your videos. I have indeed been considering switching to dutasteride. I have been taking fina 1mg for over a year but clearly without much benefit! Wanted to try duta but wasn’t sure about The right dosage. I will have a good look at your video, and hopefully by the end I will know how much to take, and how many days each week! Take care.

3 hours ago, Kraki77 said:

Let's take a look at the positives here:

- You have great amount of hair for someone who is 40 years old. I believe that it's getting hard to style and that weather conditions make it look awful sometimes but there's always a good old hair spray that can save the day.

- Even though you haven't posted before it's clearly obvious that you have studied this field to some degree. You have chosen one of the best out there and you didn't rush into it before taking any kind of medications. That doesn't happen by chance.

- If you still insist on hair transplant or if it becomes more viable option after consumption of oral minoxidil there are other doctors in the field who are specialized in harder cases, dr. Jose Lorenzo is definitely one of them. But, don't get me wrong, dr. Bisanga deserves all the credit that he receives, he's undoubtedly on the top of the food chain.

- As Melvin mentioned there is always that possibility that some other therapy proves to be jackpot in terms of hair maintenance or regrowth (dutasteride can always be considered, if it affects your body to the point that it's messing up with your everyday life you can always decide to let it go).

- If the hair loss bothers you so much that you are spending too much time in front of the mirror or you don't feel satisfaction for any other reason whatsoever you can try to shave it. Shaved head would certainly make you feel liberated, at least at the start. SMP can always add that extra touch to the look and make you feel more happy with yourself.

I strongly advise anyone to stay positive and patient, no matter how hard their current situation is. Just imagine sometimes how much harder it is for some people in comparison to you. There are people without limbs, people suffering from all kinds of incurable diseases, they have it much worse but they still persevere.

Hey. Thank you so much for your inspiring words. Many of the supportive comments I have received on this thread have really made me feel better. Being told to be heading to a NW6 truly shocked me - it’s reassuring to read that this doesn’t necessarily have to happen. With conservative treatment, I hope  NW6 could be delayed by a significant amount of years, or perhaps halted altogether.

I hear you re: putting oneself on other people’s shoes to get some perspective. I am lucky enough (!) to have two incurable, life-threatening health conditions (well managed by meds). Hair loss should really be at the bottom of my priorities but can’t help it - seeing that giant forehead has always given me paranoia since my teens, and now more than ever! 

Take care, and thanks again for encouraging words. 

Edited by Faxanadu
Grammar

You also want to first discuss the use of DUT with a doctor experienced in treating hair loss…you will need a script so discuss recommended use and amounts with Dr. Bisanga?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

2 minutes ago, gillenator said:

You also want to first discuss the use of DUT with a doctor experienced in treating hair loss…you will need a script so discuss recommended use and amounts with Dr. Bisanga?

Hey. Thank you - good advice. I will email his assistant to see whether it’s something he would suggest. As of now, he’s suggested oral minoxidil 5mg 1 a day, and fina 1 a day. But worth asking!