what i can't workout

Ive been reading alot of posts regarding HT's and the results and stories are very impressive. However what i cannot understand is that knowone knows there own future hairloss, where some may think they may never got to a n6-7, some may. So i just see it as a potential timebomb waiting to go off because of a limit amount of donor supply. Doesnt anyone seriosly worry about this, family history cannot be a certainy?

Ive been reading alot of posts regarding HT's and the results and stories are very impressive. However what i cannot understand is that knowone knows there own future hairloss, where some may think they may never got to a n6-7, some may. So i just see it as a potential timebomb waiting to go off because of a limit amount of donor supply. Doesnt anyone seriosly worry about this, family history cannot be a certainy?

Calv,

I'm sure everyone who has had a transplant worries about future loss and if you are in the lower numbers on the NW scale it's actually highly likely we will progess in loss at some point in the future.

It's important to get on the meds and and draw up plans for the future. In some cases, the loss can be stopped or at least slowed for some time. While nobody can be certain of future loss, by looking at certain factors it's possible to get a good idea of where you may progess to.

My reason for having a transplant was because I had been on the meds already, my hair-loss had stabilised and not progressed for some years. I'm fully aware that I will most-likely need another hair transplant in the future but I'd rather do it in stages as I need it than walk around bald until I knew I could lose no more before going ahead.

If a transplant is done right even if you progress to a NW6 it should stand up on it's own.

I also have high hopes for future treatments such as Follica.

By the time your 60 yrs old, being NW6 won't matter to you. You'll have OTHER problems.

The whole intention of surgical intervention is to delay the hairloss process and maintain your image while you are young. That's all.

Sure there are older gentlemen who pursue transplants, but the vast majority of men are in their late 20's and early 30's (in their prime).

And my personal opinion, is that most seem to be about NW3.

And yes even if you progress to NW6, the work will stand up on its own.

That's why the first line of attack is to reconstruct the forelock and hairline.

take care...

This is a common question. The key things are:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Don't be to be too aggresive in wanting a low hairline <LI> leave enough in reserve in case the sides recede towards the ears and if you are a lower NW number now, take into account possible future hair loss on the top <LI> Don't put too many grafts in the crown as a previous poster said there is only limited supply. <LI> Don't rely on future discoveries - if they come along great but we can never predict what science can and can't acheive. <LI> Most people start with more density at the front tapering down as they go further back.