How bad is my crown ?

bigmac22

Hey everyone, im new to hair loss in general as i never noticed it before. Im 23 with not a strong family history of balding(my dad is nw 3.5-4 at 60). How bad is my crown would you say, especially since im again pretty young .Thanks, all pics are under flash, or very heavy lighting

IMG_0991.PNG

IMG_0993.PNG

IMG_0994.PNG

IMG_0996.PNG

IMG_0997.PNG

Edited by bigmac22

As I mentioned on your last post, if your worried see a Dermatologist they can examine your hair and give you advice. But also keep pics, we don’t know if it’s always been like this. The conditions your taking pics in would show up anybody’s crown. 

5 minutes ago, bigmac22 said:

i have already booked 2 appointments with 2 different dermatologists, but the earliest appointment available are next month so i have some time until then unfortuanately.

You have no need to worry, it’s all looking perfectly fine. You now have pics to monitor for any changes. 

No issues.  You are dealing with the whirl and contrast.  

Get a piece of paper and draw a dot.  Now draw a cross so that it intersects the point.  Well, that's exactly what happens in the whirl area.  The hair grows away from the point.  So. if you were to put the pencil right on the dot and start drawing lines away from the point, how many lines would it take to fill the paper? TONS.  Hair in the front and mid section grow forward at an angle and thus there is shingling - which helps to provide coverage. Because of this concept, everyone shares a whirl, the weakest point on the scalp.

You have dark hair and light scalp.  This contrast makes it seem worse than what it really is.  If it bothers you look into SMP or just use a camouflaging agent like Toppik.  

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.