Can hair shedding start a month after HT?

Hello guys. Silly question I know. I am just wondering if there is anyone else here that started shedding after 1 month post hair transplant?

recently me being careful I didn’t wash my hair with pressure till 1 month , so I didn’t  notice much shedding. Since yesterday I started applying for pressure and noticed more shedding is this normal? 

Could it be shock loss?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

6 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Totally normal shedding! We all differ but that’s within the usual time frame. 

5 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Could you share any pics ? 

Edited by BirdsEyez

5 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Definitely looks totally normal. Out of curiosity which clinic did you go too ? Have you got any post op pics ? Thanks 🙏 

I went to HLC. Here is a picture after a day at the clinic. Also the other picture is day 13 with my scabs off day. How do you think the density looks? 

also I noticed some hairs on my hair laying flat. Is that normal? This is recent today and few days ago. 

Edited by BirdsEyez
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

HLC do quality work. I can see it here also. Absolutely zero to worry about ! Everything looks more than spot on and totally on track 👍🏽Implanted density looks good. 

Thanks lad. Much appreciated. 

• Like 1

Just now, BirdsEyez said:

Yeah, London here. Have you got yourself a hair transplant? If yes. Where can I view it? 

X5.. 2xFUT and then 3xFUE. Not had it posted for many years now. Next stage will actually be BHT, that will be posted on here  🙂

47 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

X5.. 2xFUT and then 3xFUE. Not had it posted for many years now. Next stage will actually be BHT, that will be posted on here  🙂

How’s the results holding up? Also are you on any medication 

3 minutes ago, BirdsEyez said:

How’s the results holding up? Also are you on any medication 

No meds. Accepted my Norwood 6. Yer transplanted hair remains, just want to use Beard grafts to add density to mid scalp and camouflage FUT scar. 

22 hours ago, BirdsEyez said:

Hello, thank you for your reply. How can I tell the difference between shock loss and normal shedding? 

Shock loss typically occurs approximately 4-6 weeks post-op and usually involves a more sudden loss of native hair than a typical shed cycle…a shed cycle usually consists of a gradual shedding over several months.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY